Sad sight

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He knows! He lives next door to Mexico. :p

The State Department is always ranting their asses about how bad Mexico is by posting tourist warnings but when it comes to Thailand, they have a tendency to play things down. I used to go to Mexico a couple of times per week. What keeps me from going now is the price of gasoline and the shit ass way you are treated just before you walk across the border and how you are treated when you return to the USA.

The other guy who got attacked when I got attacked did get robbed and ended up with a machete blade coming down on to the top of his head. When he got to the hospital he was unconscious. His shirt was caked in dried blood. When he came to, he didn't know who he was. When the Doctor told him he was HIV positive, it looked like he didn't even understand what was said.

If we had been warned, the incidents could have been prevented. If I had known another [color:red]'farking'[/color] war on drugs had just begun, I would have stayed home.

[color:red]I have always wondered what happened to him.[/color] He had no money and was HIV positive. The last I saw of him they were wheeling his bed out the emergency room and instead of turning right to go into the hospital, they turned left which would take you out of the hospital.

"Sad sight" says the head line of the OP.

I have seen plenty of sad sights in LOS and this wasn`t one of them.

Down and out farangs usually enjoy the luxury of being able to return to their home country, one way or the other. Whileas thais in similar - or much worse - situations don`t have that option.

Gimme a break.

"Sad sight" says the head line of the OP.

I have seen plenty of sad sights in LOS and this wasn`t one of them.

Down and out farangs usually enjoy the luxury of being able to return to their home country, one way or the other. Whileas thais in similar - or much worse - situations don`t have that option.

Gimme a break.

I would imagine that if I was in the situation that BT describes he was in it would be very traumatic indeed.

If you are referring to down and out Thais in another country, I am sure most in a similar position in a western country would be quickly sent back to Thailand (assuming that they have overstayed, as probably this guy has done in Thailand).

If you are referring to down and out Thais in Thailand, there are just as many down and out westerners in western countries who have little, if no assistance, to turn to. Also, to the westerners disadvantage, the weather in most parts of western countries is far more disadvantage then the warm to hot Thailand weather.

If Thais in Thailand treat their people less considerate then you believe we do in the west, well, that is a matter for Thais, however, don't think that the west treats there own down and out's much better in a lot of cases :beer:

Archived