Sad sight

Not that I know of. Best I think they will do is give you a few free phone calls to the US. I have never heard of them fronting airfare.

You should hang out at the USA embassy sometime, I know at least one ex board member here who the USA Embassy flew home one way fairly recently.

Funny thing is, he also claimed the USA didn't do it, till he asked . . . . .

Basically the Embassy calls all your relatives first "Take this arsehole home" if all your relatives go "No fuck you keep him, we don;'t want him" the Embassy does a fly one way home, expensive, and you owe the embassy the $'s.

No idea about the keep a passport part.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NG is pretty much spot on. They do however, invalidate your passport and give you a new one the day you fly that is valid for 3 days. You are also accompanied to the gate by an Embassy official to be certain you actually get on the plane. After your loan is paid off, you are free to get a new passport.

]

You should hang out at the USA embassy sometime, I know at least one ex board member here who the USA Embassy flew home one way fairly recently.

I work there bro.

I asked yesterday and they said policy is "no way in hell."

However, they also said there are special circumstances too and that also, CG can decide to do whatever. So I dont doubt that they have sent some people home.

]

You should hang out at the USA embassy sometime' date=' I know at least one ex board member here who the USA Embassy flew home one way fairly recently. [/quote']

I work there bro.

I asked yesterday and they said policy is "no way in hell."

However, they also said there are special circumstances too and that also, CG can decide to do whatever. So I dont doubt that they have sent some people home.

Emergency Assistance

The American Citizen Services section provides emergency services to Americans in the event of an emergency such as a death, arrest, illness, injury, missing persons, destitution and other circumstances. However, the type of services provided are limited. For general information on the type of services that can be provided, please refer to the State Department’s website for travelers: http://travel.state.gov.

Link

Marlboro's? FARK, why not thai brand ciggies if he;s so poor?

Oddly Thai Marlboro's are made here - and far inferior to other Marlboro's made elsewhere a Thai mate tells me (who also gets me to bring back ciggies for him, in exchange for a free pick up at airport and run through the customs etc.)

Archived