Blurring on TV

khunsanuk

Hi,

Have seen quite a few things getting blurred out on Thai TV, for example:

- weapons

- alcohol

- cigarets

- a skirt that was deemed to short

Noticed a new one again yesterday, a condom. Still in it's wrapper.

I find it rather odd that is not allowed to show a condom on TV, but showing people getting beaten is fine. I wonder who makes the rules for what is and is not allowed on TV.

Sanuk!

All TV is blurred for me.

its been 10 years since the last prescription and I finally accept the fact I need my eyes retesting and new lenses.

I can read a sign from across the soi no problem but cannot read a menu from 6 inches, totally longsighted, thats what over 30 years of working in front of a Monitor does to your sight.

Back on topic

The "Blurring" only occurs on certain Channels where MCOT have some control over, never happens on HBO or Star Movies but happens a lot on MAX where ironically the movies tend to be much older and more conservative

Hi,

Have seen quite a few things getting blurred out on Thai TV, for example:

- weapons

- alcohol

- cigarets

- a skirt that was deemed to short

Noticed a new one again yesterday, a condom. Still in it's wrapper.

I find it rather odd that is not allowed to show a condom on TV, but showing people getting beaten is fine. I wonder who makes the rules for what is and is not allowed on TV.

Sanuk!

Yeah, cos it isn't like there's a serious HIV or teen pregnancy problem here or something...

400 New HIV/AIDS Cases in Bangkok in 4 Months

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1043936

Police recover 2,002 illegally aborted fetuses in Thailand

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-19/world/thailand.fetuses.found_1_fetuses-unlicensed-clinic-buddhist-temple?_s=PM:WORLD

Oh........

Archived