Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

Nice to see Rosicky score again. Let's hope they can continue in this style, Spurs have a very heavy schedule over the next 5 or EPL games and are not sure at all with a 3rd place now. If they lose next week vs ManU, it becomes really interesting, providing the Arsenal can win next weekends game.

i enjoyed the ArseNal/Spurs game as a neutral.

i don't really care whose playing if if it's an entertaining game and that match most certainly was.

but another story is beyond belief.

Ryan Giggs on his 900th appearance in a Man Utd shirt scores the winning goal in added time............... :elephant::biggrin::tuxedo::soccer::monkey::devil::devil::devil::chili::chili::yay::up::applause:

if you wrote a book about that scenario or made a film nobody would believe it..

what a legend.... :worship::worship::worship:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Ryan Giggs and Thierry Henry had magical moments you only read in Roy of the Rovers types stuff.

Funny thing was I didn't go mental watching as I watched a replay of the game (I was out of town). Didn't know the result but strange thing was when we came back I was still worried we'd have a bad spell and after the game I was happy but also wary that as a gooner people would be fooled into thinking this changes things long term or even short term to some extent.

I will echo MM and say that Theo should be sold at a good price and replace him with someone like Eden Hazard. RvP seems to like Theo so he may get a reprieve based partly on that. Rosicky did well but his injury record and inconsistency may make him not worth keeping. His age is another factor as well. He had so much promise he came to us.

As much as I hate both Manchester teams for different reasons, I'd prefer city to win it but I fear Man Utd will win it because they have more experience in title runs and more of a team than City. City may have to wait a year perhaps to ge the title. Still much time left in the season.

As for the CL places, even with the win I don't see Arsenal or Chelsea catching the scum unless the scum implodes and Arsenal goes on a run. Possible but not likely. Reaistically it looks like a battle for 4th is between Arsenal and Chelsea.

The story that has gone under the radar is how far ahead Real Madrid is of Barca. Arguably the Catalans are the best club in the world and not many would dispute that but Mourinho has done his magic. RM should win the title and fairly comfortable considering its Barca. Amazing job really. Funny thing is they can't beat Barca but they beat the teams that Barca are drawing with.

Steve, have you seen Spurs schedule? This weekend ManU at home, than Everton away followed by Chelsea away. After these games they may not be in 3rd spot anymore......

Unfortunately I'm fully aware of th situation Spain, since a couple of weeks already.

...A completely different story if the Arsenal can win their games, sad but true.

Well we won the first game and scored all the goals!

Liverpool 1 v 2 Arsenal :yay::yay::yay:

Liverpool dominate most of the match but a fantastic double penalty save by Szczesny and a double from RVP (the second goal was superb) wins it. :soccer:

On top of all that Chelsea lose to WBA! :rotfl:

I'm crossing my fingers that ManU wins over the Scum today.

uncross them please.

Man Utd have a fantastic record against Spurs,not losing many games over a few seasons but i hate these records.

every record will be broken eventually and this is one i fear might go.

i would be happy with a draw against Spurs,keep us in touch with Man City and keep the others below us at arms length for a while.

i missed the last minute goal for the Arse as i needed to do something straight away.

i thought it was heading for a draw and while the result did'nt effect my team in anyway it gave me the chance to enjoy the game.

AVB sacked by Chelsea after less than a year in charge.

I'm sure his pride will have been hurt but his bank manager won't be complaining.

you beat me to the news.

i always thought he was on a loser taking the job,not experienced at all in management in a big league with high-profile players.

rumours have been going around for months about fallings out and players not happy with him.

Di Matteo given caretaker role for the time being,but it seem he is not that popular either..... :hmmm:

the big rumour is that Guardiola of Barcelona is the choice for next season.

the Chelsea job is certainly a poisoned chalice but as you say the sacked managers walk away with a few quid in their pocket.

i know you are an Arsenal fan and looking for a new job after a bit of a break.

do you fancy the job?,drag Chelsea further down and then walk away with a few quid after getting the sack?.

Archived