Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

i know you are an Arsenal fan and looking for a new job after a bit of a break.

do you fancy the job?,drag Chelsea further down and then walk away with a few quid after getting the sack?.

It's not such a daft idea you know. I'd obviously be cheaper than a known manager, but even so it would still be a huge amount to me. I'd probably get them to play really well for the first season so that I might get a chance of a second season and then start bringing them down half way through the second. :up::up::up:

A great weekend for Arsenal gets better. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all drop 3 ponts and Newcastle drop 2. Still a long way to go but rather be in the position we're in than not. :applause:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great weekend for Arsenal gets better. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all drop 3 ponts and Newcastle drop 2. Still a long way to go but rather be in the position we're in than not. :applause:

i'm warming to the Arse.

bad start to the season but have picked up recently despite being a little slack at the back..........i know a few ladies like that.. :yikes:

what about the RVP business,do you think he will stay at the club IF they fail to get CL football next season?.

do the Arse NEED to get a couple of big summer signings(upfront to help RVP)or not.

and what are your thoughts on your team if RVP does leave?.

Arsenal had a surprising win this weekend and all of a sudden the 4th place doesn't look too bad. Possibly a third spot could be in the cards cause I think purs will crumble, but than again, I don't think that the Arsenal can step up to the challenge, so remaining 4th is probably best we can do right now.

I think RvP will only renew if some midfield and possibly attack players will be bought. Some players should really go...Without him they won't qualify for CL. It'll be back to the days of 'boring' Arsenal.....................

Arsenal had a surprising win this weekend and all of a sudden the 4th place doesn't look too bad. Possibly a third spot could be in the cards cause I think purs will crumble, but than again, I don't think that the Arsenal can step up to the challenge, so remaining 4th is probably best we can do right now.

I think RvP will only renew if some midfield and possibly attack players will be bought. Some players should really go...Without him they won't qualify for CL. It'll be back to the days of 'boring' Arsenal.....................

rumours that Lucas Podolski has been signed for next season but Winger says not true,would he be a good signing inyour opinions?.

is Messi the best player you have ever seen?.

after his record breaking goak scoring performance on Wednesday he has kept up his remarkable scoring record over the years,but he never seems to do it for his country.

these days in the UK football is shown every day from various countries and very much overkill,i only watch the English and Spanish games.

but i remember the 70's and 80's when you only saw the big tournaments and glimpses of the greats of the times.

Cruyff from the 70's sticks in my mind and Maradona from the 80's.

but football has it's ers's and would the great players from the past have been so good in the modern game?.

but on a personal note,MU were woeful against Bilboa the other night.

i don't know what the defence were doing for the goals against them and now going to be difficult to progress to the next round.

but i'm still struggling with the award of a free-kick against a player who had lost a boot in a tackle(no fault of his)which led to a STUPID GOAL............ :banghead::cussing:

afterwards the ''experts' said the rule was that a player MUST have 2 boots on his feet to play the game.

i don't know the rules of the game to the exact letter,but over the years i have many players lose boots and be allowed to play on and even score goals.

so why not award a drop-ball because of a tackle instead of free-kick against him?,it's not as though he deliberately took his boot off.

it led to the 3rd goal which is possibly going to knock us out of European competition this season.

i don't want to sound like i have sour grapes as i thought Bilboa deserved to win but the rule seems a little strange.

Good win for Utd and bad loss for Citee. Now we just need The Arse to thump Newcastle prungnee.

10 games to go and MU have the somewhat easier run-in but football is never easy.

easy for us to look at the games and predict what will happen but it never works out that easy,always a surprise or two will occur.

MU were fortunate as i thought WBA should have had a penalty and the MU penalty was very soft but it seems they eventually dominated the game.

MC losing was a bonus but not all that surprising as Swansea have only lost at home to MU against the 'big' teams they have played.

i will be bold and say the title is between the Manchester teams but i'm following the race for the next places with interest and i think that's gonna be more interesting.

there will be a few twists along the way and that's what makes the game so compelling.

10 games to go and MU have the somewhat easier run-in but football is never easy.

easy for us to look at the games and predict what will happen but it never works out that easy,always a surprise or two will occur.

MU were fortunate as i thought WBA should have had a penalty and the MU penalty was very soft but it seems they eventually dominated the game.

MC losing was a bonus but not all that surprising as Swansea have only lost at home to MU against the 'big' teams they have played.

i will be bold and say the title is between the Manchester teams but i'm following the race for the next places with interest and i think that's gonna be more interesting.

there will be a few twists along the way and that's what makes the game so compelling.

so you football fans,what do you think will happen with 10 games or so for each team until the end of the season?.

i think the title is between the Manchester teams,MU now have the bit between their teeth and City seem to be in a little bit of disarray.

Arsenal are certainly on form with Chelsea and Spurs having problems and i think Liverpool are out of it.

my top 4 would be in order:-

Man Utd.

Man City.

Arsenal.

Tottenham.

thoughts............

Arse 2 v 1 Newcastle :yay:

Not the thrashing we wanted but a win is a win, and what an important win, perhaps one of the most important this season! :soccer:

It's 3:17 am and I'm meant to be at work in less than 5 hours but no chance I'm on a high and drinking copious amounts of Bombay Saphire. :drunk:

Roman is one of the worse owners to work for. Yeah, you get money and money to spend but you also gets a boss that has an unrealistic vision of how long it takes to build a winner. He wants instant success. Also, a boss who sometimes meddles in the team affairs, telling you what players to buy (Schevchenko for example).

Football is a funny thing. It seemed like Man City were on their way to their first title since when? Has to be the '60s, '67 maybe. After losing to Swansea, its Man Utd that are now in ascendency. Arsenal were 10 points behind Spurs, seemingly uncatchable a month or so ago and now sit a point behind. Its very possible, Spurs could be 5th if Chelsea get a run in. Spurs could still end up 3rd, but 3rd seemed a certainty a month ago and now 5th is plausible when it wasn't a month ago.

Arsenal have been on the wrong side of records of late but they set a new one that is good. They are the first PL club to win 4 matches on the trot and coming from behind in each of them or so I heard a gooner say. RvP may end up with 30 goals this season, Rooney is scoring as well.

Europea cup shocker with Man Utd losing at home. I liked our result against Milan. I didn't want us to go through. We need to concentrate on the league but winning 3-0 gave the squad confidence, so the best of both worlds.

RvP doesn't win the player of the year award, the award has no meaning or merit.

Archived