Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

...Arsenal are the first PL club to win 4 matches on the trot and coming from behind in each of them or so I heard a gooner say...

This is correct, they are they first team to win 4 in a row after coming from behind in each game.

...RvP doesn't win the player of the year award, the award has no meaning or merit.

:yeahthat:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RvP doesn't win the player of the year award, the award has no meaning or merit.

the problem is the players player of the year award is voted on by the end of october/november so not really an indication of what might happen in the last few months of the season.

rooney had a blistering start to the season and might have attracted many votes but fell away slightly but rvp is now holding up the arse with his goals and in fine goal-scoring form and would probably walk away with the award now.

i think the best way of voting for the player of the year would be monthly.

each player eligable to vote just sends in his top 3 palyers of the month and then the average of votes for each player is worked out and the winner announced.

in this day and age it must be simple for players to vote on-line or give their choices for the final month to a club official and they can be sent in and worked out overnight by the relevant authorities and then the winner is announced.

each month will throw up the usual suspects but certainly some players would attract good votes for good performances in a couple of months.

and the stars of the team are normally the strikers and get the most plaudits but many other team members get overlooked.

at my team i would certainly vote for carrick and evans.

i had doubts about evans in the past but this season has blossomed and carrick is certainly in form.

spurs have been going backwards since the speculation about redknapp and the england job and it must be affectin the whole club.

man city are showing cracks with 4 defeats in the last 8 games and players fighting each other on the training pitch and during matches.

but the arse are certainly on the up and in fine form,even though a little too reliant on rvp's goals.

more players need to score more.

arsenal's midfield need to score more goals as mu's midfield have outscored the arse by over two to one in all comprtitions.

i look forward to april when mu play mc and in the 7 pl games before that i honestly think mu will have enough points in the bag over mc to not make it a title decider.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the tram needs to stay focused, this weekend Chelski - Spurs, at least one of them will drop points again!

It just gets better and better, The Arse stuff AV 3-0 and Chelski and The Scum both drop 2 points. :soccer:

Citee also drop another 2 points on the road so if Man U win their game in hand (at home to Fulham on Monday) then they go 3 points clear.

I'm not celebrating yet. There is way too much football to be played. Arsenal has also proved it can shoot itself in the foot. I'd love for us to go 3rd and the scum end up 5th. I don't think we'll end up 5th but we could end up 4th. I'd hate to see the scum finish ahead of us but CL football is the only 'trophy' left for us.

Hate to see Man Utd win the title. I hate the City's big money but would hold my nose to them than Man Utd.

I'm not celebrating yet. There is way too much football to be played. Arsenal has also proved it can shoot itself in the foot. I'd love for us to go 3rd and the scum end up 5th. I don't think we'll end up 5th but we could end up 4th. I'd hate to see the scum finish ahead of us but CL football is the only 'trophy' left for us.

Hate to see Man Utd win the title. I hate the City's big money but would hold my nose to them than Man Utd.

Steve

What a Catch 22 Conundrum you find yourself in, in order for Arsenal to finish third they will have to beat Citeh at the Emirates which in turn will all but hand United the title.

What a Catch 22 Conundrum you find yourself in, in order for Arsenal to finish third they will have to beat Citeh at the Emirates which in turn will all but hand United the title.

I hope Arsenal do beat Citee, but we don't necessarily have to in order to finish third. :nono:

Anyway I'm not with CS on this one. I would rather Man U win the PL again than Citee buy it for the first time.

Archived