What About This Tablet Then?

Coss

It looks like the ones I saw in Burma last month.

They were 2400 Baht.. first asking price and came with a little key board that went with it in a case and turned it into a notebook.

I saw it fired up and it started up fairly quickly, I never saw it do much else I never really had time to wait around.

You want to ask if the 2 gb is anywhere near big enough, and the 256mb ram puts it into toy status when you're trying to run stuff like flash... IMHO

"You want to ask if the 2 gb is anywhere near big enough, and the 256mb ram puts it into toy status when you're trying to run stuff like flash... IMHO "

yes that's what I thought

but then that's about the only real use I'd have for it, as a toy.

Hi,

One of the buttons on that page lets you 'make an offer' for the product. Try offering $10 :)

Sanuk!

It's - find it at a lower price and they'll match it offer

"Make offer for 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 2.2 (VIA WM8650/800MHz) Tablet PC WiFi/Camera (support Flash 10.1) What price you can buy? Or is this product being sold elsewhere for a lower price? Please fill in the short form below and we will try our best to match your offer.

Make Offer requests are handled by professional sourcing staffs.

If the reported product is identical to the ChinaBuye product, and lower priced sources are found, prices on product pages will be updated within 48 hours (Mon-Fri) after your offer is received."

BTW

I've used Chinabuye on several occasions for things like $4 bluetooth mice, $1.99 apple cables etc and find them really good to deal with, payment is through Paypal so no rip off.

Not an advertorial

Cheers

Coss

What I like is that they do free airmail, for most of it, and I wait a week or two, and my $12 order just turns up.

email support is very good, but mainly what you're getting is tat, but in the apple usb iphone cable's case, 1.99 is better than $40 here in NZ from apple.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll ship to Thailand and Laos though.

Someone I know bought a netbook for $80 with windows CE on it - crap - they were expecting a fully fledged laptop, buyer ignorance in that case. Not Chinabuye's fault, product clearly described.

"You want to ask if the 2 gb is anywhere near big enough, and the 256mb ram puts it into toy status when you're trying to run stuff like flash... IMHO "

yes that's what I thought

but then that's about the only real use I'd have for it, as a toy.

2GB? That's one movie or just 10 large audio books or only a few songs. My iPhone has 32 GB and is 2/3 full even without movies...

They look rather like the tablets being sold on the Suk street stalls. No idea what they try to gouge folk for them. Shipping to Thailand could require you to pay duty and VAT as determined by Thai customs who use their own formula to calculate this (much to the ire of the WTO).

Looks pretty naff, okay as a kids Christmas toy. It says it takes a 32GB card so expandable that far. Only Android 2.2, fairly low res for a 7 inch screen. Unlikely to be zippy fast finger responses. The screen is not capacitive so doubt it supports multi touch pinch zoom etc. Camera is only 0.3Mp. It has USB and RJ45 connectors. All in all I'd say US$70 is about right, 2100 baht. I'll take one, when can you deliver?

Archived