Hotmail Blocked!

Flashermac

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

My wife uses a Thai word but written in with the keyboard set to English. Results in total nonsense, but still very easy for her to remember.

Sanuk!

That's easy to fix. English/Thai keyboard is 120B at Panthip or anywhere. In language settings, say what is the default language (English) and secondary (Thai).Then a small icon at the bottom right appears that shows which one is currently in use.

That cheap keyboard was bought to give my daughter to pound on it and not disturb me when on computer. It had survived 3 years of that and when taken and connected to the PC in Japan worked just as well.

Now it is a wireless English/Thai (same as the old one, with English and Thai alphabet on the keys) and works seamlessly.

Hi,

You misunderstood. We do have a Thai/English keyboard, but she using the English keyboard on purpose. Looks at the Thai characters, presses the right keys, but English chars come out. This results in a very random password, that is still very easy for her to remember.

Sanuk!

Obviously, I misunderstood, never mind.

Back to hotmail. They had a rule that if an account is not used for 30 days it gets locked out, disabled. Has that changed (have never used hotmail)?

That was in the wake, back in 2003 when some Canadian young man disappeared (in Thailand) and somehow they found he was logging in into his hotmail account. His family requested Microsoft to reveal the password, took them to court, but judge decided Microsoft was right not to reveal it. The man was an adult and could have had his own reasons not to talk to anyone he did not want to.

I used the same hotmail password for maybe 15 years.

doah.gif

That is the worst I have ever heard.

This is not about the strength of your personal password, but major services get hacked frequently (Sony with several million user accounts for example). This means, even if you password has 38 letters in Klingon script, you'll need to change it once in a while, since not your account, but the service you use might get hacked.

Same thing happened to me. My hotmail was blocked and I had to submit some topics and emails that I sent recently to unblock it at the microsoft site. I got back into it, and changed my password. Now anything of value on all my email accounts, I write down in my notebook, or placed into an external hard drive. I still prefer to write things down on paper, if it is very important, as it can't be lost as quick as a computer can do it.

Archived