I'm Blocked :(

khunsanuk

Hi,

Sorry for not being around much the last 2 days or so. There is something wrong with True's servers which results in me being pretty much unable to access the board (I keep getting re-directed to the Thai gov blacklist site, but get that for a few others sites as well). Now using a proxy to access - the 5th I tried :( - and it's not that convenient.

I'm hoping this will get cleared up again soon, but I have no idea what is going on or what I can do about it, if anything.

Sanuk!

Hi KS,

have you checked your IP - have you possibly banned your own IP? Sorry if I'm offending you, I don't mean to do that, you usually know what you're doing with computers, but actually it's the most probable explanation. :worship:

2nd one - is that thai authorities have blocked the board - but that's not possible as I see several members who I know stay in Thailand posting without problem.

:beer:

I'm blocked too, but I'm in Lao and I use ETL via mobile 3G...These proxies are a pain to use...

Quite possible my friend, as I stay in Sweden (mobile broadband) and the server is in the US I don't have any problem. I haven't checked the backbone speed in South East Asia lately but it must must be at least 10 GB, I think I've 100 GB here in Sweden, they plan to increase that soon to 10 TB.

are you sure? nowadays server and datastorage use to be in the "cloud".

accessing currently from Thailand and no problem.

I "knew" but checked the IP and location of the server Massachusetts, US.

First time in 3+ days that I've been able to log on. The board just returned a few minutes ago. Yesterday I could get the site to open up, but it would time out before it finished loading. Wasn't only at home either. Wouldn't load at work. True Internet should change its name to Truly Shite.

:(

(Not) True overall are shite.

Unfortunately they have the monopoly on Cable / Satellite TV with True Vision, why the fark I am bombarded with adverts every 10 minutes when I subscribe is beyond me. As for True Move Mobile Service, forget it so much spam SMS, I bit the bullet and went back to AIS.

Internet I use now is TOT, it may be a government controlled ISP but I have found it the best, not many MCOT "Site Blocked" Pages (maybe I am not perverted enough), consistent 10MB D/L 1MB U/L no blocks on my Torrent downloads and I have been connected for the last 10 Months since I moved into my current abode without a single disconnect.

Archived