Closest Apple Shop To Asok

Coss

Well the verdict's in... The iPad 3 is brilliant.

So I left VTE on the bus, I was going to get the iPad in BKK, but I had time to kill in Udon Thani before the AeroTransport left. And in the Central shopping mall there was a lovely little hi-tech shop, all discrete lighting, immaculate staff and hushed tones...

I enquired, the wi-fi and sim in the guts model was 2 K more here than on the apple store, but if I bought a case or such, it'd only be 1 K more, sold! I got a faux leather (in my case, rhino skin (miniature)) case, lovely.

I've opined before on the lack of need for a keyboard for tablets, so imagine my surprise when unwrapping the case later and seeing a slim blue tooth keyboard! Ah well... I got it working, it broke 2 days later, so I'll keep it for the nipper to play with, when I get one, if keyboards are still being used by then...

I'm a bit worried that my laptop wil be obsolete now, this iPad is addictive. Does anyone know where the arrow keys on the keyboard are?

So at the airport, I Jailbroke it courtesy of the 3G Internet connection on my shoePhone, and in the hotel room in BKK I downloaded all manner of stuff that you can't get through Apple, like mobile terminal and other such useful little nasties.

BTW, the hi res display on this is phenomenal, I'm glad I waited for the 3rd iteration of this device.

I'm typing this on the iPad now, easy, got used to the onscreen keyboard at once, though it does help that the case I got also does duty as an easel.

Sent from my shoePad...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived