14 Dead At Batman Premiere In Colorado

gobbledonk

As predicted - a lawsuit

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications — prescribed by one or more doctors — at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

The 'shooting gun'?

I was given a shot of medicine that was suppose to be 7 times stronger then morphine a few years ago.

After the shot a nurse pushed me out to my truck because I was in the hospital's wheel chair.

I got in my truck and drove away.

Anything wrong with this picture?

I wasn't suppose to be driving and was not able to realize I shouldn't drive.

The hospital gave me the shot and got rid of me.

Who would be responsibile if I got in an accident?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will more restrictive gun laws make law abiding citizens safer?

And does anybody think the criminals are going to abide by the new laws being the criminals ignore the present gun laws?

Yes and No IMO. Career criminals will be no different than they are today, they will continue to use both legal and non legal guns to go about their day to day robbing of banks and such. But career criminals aren't the problem with shootings such as the Batman or Colombine shootings, if the career criminal/thief is any good, he or she simply uses guns as a means to an end... not necessarily to shoot anyone.

Having guns that little bit more out of reach - ie, background checks and such (which actually wouldn't have shown a thing if these guys were average Joe's), takes a few days to buy or can't buy ammo the same day you buy the gun etc, would (hopefully) stop or slow these "spur of the moment" shootings. Surely if it saves ONE life it's worth changing the constitution.

I'm all for guns, in the right hands they are a great tool. Farmers (my dad), security, cops, military, sporting shooters etc - great. It's been a while since I've been to the US but the impression people in the rest of the world has is that guns are very easy to buy over there (legally and not) and this looks fraught with danger.

Yes and No IMO. Career criminals will be no different than they are today, they will continue to use both legal and non legal guns to go about their day to day robbing of banks and such. But career criminals aren't the problem with shootings such as the Batman or Colombine shootings, if the career criminal/thief is any good, he or she simply uses guns as a means to an end... not necessarily to shoot anyone.

Having guns that little bit more out of reach - ie, background checks and such (which actually wouldn't have shown a thing if these guys were average Joe's), takes a few days to buy or can't buy ammo the same day you buy the gun etc, would (hopefully) stop or slow these "spur of the moment" shootings. Surely if it saves ONE life it's worth changing the constitution.

I'm all for guns, in the right hands they are a great tool. Farmers (my dad), security, cops, military, sporting shooters etc - great. It's been a while since I've been to the US but the impression people in the rest of the world has is that guns are very easy to buy over there (legally and not) and this looks fraught with danger.

Not too long ago some people had the impression that Thailand

was the last place they would want to visit.

Where I live we sit on one of the largest if not largest drug

smuggling routes in the USA.

We also sit on one of the largest routes for human smuggling,

highway for large sum of money going south along with ammo and guns.

Eliminate the drug problem, the USA probably would be rather calm till somebody (politicians?) stir some shit up.

Archived