14 Dead At Batman Premiere In Colorado

gobbledonk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Gun statistic don't mean too much."

Is that because they don't corroborate your views? :)

"Correct that problem and we probably can all live together happily."

Agree, but sadly that ain't gonna happen.

The thing is if someone gets really pissed off, it will be much easier to result in bloodshed if the guy has a gun handy.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

We had a guy snap under pressure in the last week of Basic Combat Training at Fort Ord. He didn't go violent, just absolutely barmy. He had the same look as the Aurora killer in his eye and was babbling to himself nonstop. They took him away in a straight jacket and I swear he was not faking. A guy in another BCT company tied a bedsheet around his neck and jumped out of a window, hanging himself. The worst happened on the rifle range a bit before I reported there. A trainee snapped, fired a couple of shots at his drill sergeant, then blew his own brains out.

Pressure is what breaks people, and we got tons of it in BCT. One of the guys had been a Marine, and he said it was no different than Parris Island. The idea was to see if you could take it, figuring it was better to break in training than later in combat. This was before all of the political correctness changed training and would get a drill instructor relieved and discharged under less than honorable conditions today.

The Aurora shooter was in a very intensive, difficult PhD major - a high stress situation. I imagine the pressure finally sent him around the bend. In almost every one of the school shootings, the killer(s) were outsiders who were picked on by classmates. The guy who snapped in my BCT company had been picked on hard by the drill instructors, much harder than the rest of us. Not surprised that he was the one who broke.

As predicted - a lawsuit

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications — prescribed by one or more doctors — at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

I feel certain a suit would win in court. I remember about 10 years ago a man in his 80's who was legally blind and walked with a white cane accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal at a 3-way intersection. The geezer's car speed across the street and slammed into a bank building, killing several people inside. The victims' families did not sue the old guy, since he had no money. They sued the bank! And they won a very handsome settlement for it. I think this was in Ohio. The jury bought the argument that the bank should have foreseen the possibility and built a barrier in front of the building.

If that bank was responsible for an outsider crashing into their building, the theatre most certainly is to blame for not guarding its entrances and exits. I can't see a suit against them losing.

But how much should this guy get for his "trauma"? I would say not one penny more than a GI gets for a PTSD disability from months or years in combat! And that ain't very much. :(

Gun statistic don't mean too much.

I know one person in Thailand who got mad and killed a person.

The death cost the person a house.

Years later one of the kids of that person opened the safe

containg the same gun and when out and killed a person.

That death cost some money which the original owner of the gun paid.

I suspect the gun is now back in the safe and the safe has a different combination.

Look at Mexico - you can't own a gun there but a lot of people get killed there by guns.

The problem is not the gun but what causes some people to do bad things.

Correct that problem and we probably can all live together happily.

Mexico? Come on. We are talking about countries which aren't run buy drug cartels.

Since seat-belts and other safety issues became mandatory in car manufacturing, deaths per car have dropped significantly.

Hmmmmmmm

That's what I am saying all the time.

Guns should have locks

There should be a mandatory gun liability insurance

Aussault weapons and similar ammunition should be banned completed

Guns and their owners should be registered in a national database

No guns sales without background check.

All of this could be put in place without any problem.

Surprisingly the pro gun guys on Thai360 won't discuss this. ignore.gif

Archived