14 Dead At Batman Premiere In Colorado

gobbledonk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a car that goes almost 200mph and gets 20 mpg at best. It has no practical purpose other than to go fast, burn gas, and cost a shit ton to maintain.

Cars and trucks kill more people in the USA than guns and knives put together.

So should we ban Ferraris, too?

Your Ferrari gets 20mpg ? I have a lot of trouble believing that, Mr Trump !

Guns dont kill people - stupid people with guns kiil people. Same-same stupid people in cars. When I was in the Army, way back in the 80s, the number one killer of Australian soldiers was a stretch of highway outside Townsville. It was so dire that anyone intending to buy a motorbike had to get the CO's approval first - fragrant waste of taxpayer funds to train someone right through recruit training and the School of Infantry only to have the cops scraping them off the road.

Hi,

And what percentage of that are intentional kills?

A gun's purpose is to kill, a car's purpose is to transport people.

Sanuk!

I carry a gun most of the time.

I have no intentions of killing anybody

but if somebody tries to kill me.....

If a person no longer has the right to protect themself.... something is wrong.

As for carrying a gun..... not one person has ever mentioned it!

I guess they don't think I have one on.

Hi,

In the US, we consider drunk driving "intent to kill." So yea... still more than guns.

I think the operative word there being 'drunk'. And I am sure that those guys who killed people in accidents while drunk didn't really try to kill someone. Someone firing a gun at someone on the other hand....

A guns purpose is to protect and feed.

Right. I am sure those people buying AK47s use them purely for hunting :rolleyes:

Sanuk!

PS What is interesting to see is the vehemence with which gun proponents defend their right to own guns. It's almost like a religion, and I have no doubt that nothing I say will convince any of you.

NZ has good gun laws, that doesn't stop the criminals from using them, but the incidence of gun related crime is low.

My father and his friends, always had a .22 or such for rabbit shooting, I've gone goat and pheasant shooting.

The biggest difference I see between little ole´NZ and what I see in the media, of the USA, is that in NZ it is socially unacceptable, to be a gun owner or proponent of gun ownership, unless for legitimate farming and hunting.

And yes, we struggle with what to do about the criminal intruder..

But still, gun related murders are few.

We did have a massacre though, 1990 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramoana_massacre so even with low gun ownership these things are possible.

Archived