14 Dead At Batman Premiere In Colorado

gobbledonk

Guest lazyphil

Actually there is huge difference. As I wrote before: driving is highly regulated. If you don't want to ban guns, why don't regulate it with common sense?

ALL sales with background check (see my post above about un-checked internet sales)

Banning of all aussault weapons and certain kinds of ammunition (as it was under GWB)

Locks on guns

Central gun registry

With these rules the Batman movie killer neither would killed and wounded much less people, nor would thousands of assault weapons be smuggled to Mexico each years.

By the way, currently even people on the US terrorist list can buy guns, thanks to the NRA.

lots flaunt drink drive rules. and kill. often. leaving misey.

can we have back ground checks for people drinking?

alcohol companys carry as much influence as the NRA.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, no questions asked

Legal loophole permits weapons powerful enough to down aircraft to be sold without checks

Some say it’s a major loophole in the law. At gun stores, you have to get a background check before you can buy a weapon. But online in most states, anyone from law-abiding citizens to dangerous criminals – even terrorists – can get just about any weapon they want, no questions asked. Our hidden camera investigation shows the deals going down in broad daylight, in suburban mall parking lots.

Hundreds of thousands of guns are for sale, on hundreds of websites. We responded and set up meetings at popular shopping malls. We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle. We did it over and over again, even hinting that our buyer is a criminal.

Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns – even a 50-caliber weapon so powerful it could take down a helicopter.

g-tdy-120209-rossen-guns-08.grid-5x2.jpg

TODAY

Jeff Rossen questions a gun seller.

Remember, at gun stores, background checks are required, but online – nothing. Believe it or not, in most states it’s completely legal.

‘A bazaar for criminals’

NBC News hired Steve Barborini, a former supervisor for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to help with our investigation. Barborini said that the online sales loophole permits what he called “a weapons bazaar for criminals. There’s no background check: Anybody that has a murder conviction can simply log on, email someone, meet ’em in a parking lot, and buy a freaking AK-47.â€

http://today.msnbc.m...d/#.UA_OBzE0P7o

Buying a gun via a personal sale is legal without any checks in most juridictions.

but going to a business or an online business a background check is mandatory before the gun ends ups in the hands of the buyer.

If you buy online from a business the gun is not delivered to the buyer - it is delivered to a registered gun dealer.

The buyer has to go to the registered gun dealer and has to be background check before he can take delivery.

Every once in awhile I do some research upon the largest explosion in the USA

caused by an 'act of domestic terrorism'.

Oklahoma City's bombing was equivalent to 2 ton of explosives

whereas this explosion I study was equivalent to about 25 - 30 tons of TNT!

Believe or not, you can find on the internet how

to manufacture the explosives that created that 25 - 30 tons equivalent of TNT boom.

Most people don't have a clue to know where to look on the internet

for that information let alone know the name of the exploive material.

But the material was extremely stable.

If you shot it, nothing happened.

If you used half a stick of dynamite... nothing.

1 blasting cap.... nothing.

2 blasting caps.... nothing.

A very special blasting cap... boom!

Almost every time I restart my research..... I get a visit from a suit.

Figure it out.

The other day a man came into my store and claimed he spent 25 years in prison.

I am surprised the number of people who come to my store

who have spent time in jail and/or prison

and over the years we have had only 1 incident.

I know another guy who HAD a store and he started his store after I started mine

and it took 3 robberies (like the bad people showed up during the day with guns) before he sold his store.

I carry a gun so as to provide protection for myself.

A few years ago I was attacked by 4 Thai men bent on robbing me.

I fought them off with hot 7-11 coffee even though they had machetes.

The same 4 Thai men had gotten another 'American' before they got me.

They got his money and then they cut him on both sides of his neck with their machetes.

Being no money was forth coming they decided to lower rapidly a machete to the top of his head.

He came to the hospital unconscious... we thought he was dead. Not a nice scene to see.

Because of this, and other incidents.... I am not too happy about being a victim.... that is why I carry a gun.

I don't think the issue is so much about guns

but about how James Holmes got into the state of mind to do what he did.

I know one chap who was a regular at my store who went 'wacky' during his

last semester of college. He planned on graduating and then all hell broke loose.

He had told me he had took some 'acid', loved the man made/synthetic pots, and seemed willing to try anything.

Then he went paranoid/nutsy, etc...... and ended up for a month or two in a mental hospital.

Before he went into the mental hospital, it was a trying time each time he came into the store.

There was times I expected violence from him but none was forth coming.

lots flaunt drink drive rules. and kill. often. leaving misey.

can we have back ground checks for people drinking?

alcohol companys carry as much influence as the NRA.

There have been some people who get pissed off

get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car

for the sole purpose of killing themself and as many others as they can.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much if any statistics on this crime.

Yellow journalism and the political element don't seem to dwell on this subject.

We had a guy snap under pressure in the last week of Basic Combat Training at Fort Ord. He didn't go violent, just absolutely barmy. He had the same look as the Aurora killer in his eye and was babbling to himself nonstop. They took him away in a straight jacket and I swear he was not faking. A guy in another BCT company tied a bedsheet around his neck and jumped out of a window, hanging himself. The worst happened on the rifle range a bit before I reported there. A trainee snapped, fired a couple of shots at his drill sergeant, then blew his own brains out.

Pressure is what breaks people, and we got tons of it in BCT. One of the guys had been a Marine, and he said it was no different than Parris Island. The idea was to see if you could take it, figuring it was better to break in training than later in combat. This was before all of the political correctness changed training and would get a drill instructor relieved and discharged under less than honorable conditions today.

The Aurora shooter was in a very intensive, difficult PhD major - a high stress situation. I imagine the pressure finally sent him around the bend. In almost every one of the school shootings, the killer(s) were outsiders who were picked on by classmates. The guy who snapped in my BCT company had been picked on hard by the drill instructors, much harder than the rest of us. Not surprised that he was the one who broke.

Hi,

Firearm homicide rate per 100,000 pop

Germany = 0.46%, US = 3.6 (almost 10x as much)

[uRhttp://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms]Murders with firearms[/url]

Germany = 269, US = 9,369 (that's 35x as many)

Even when you consider that the US has a population roughly 4x that of Germany, the number of murders with firearms is still 9x as high.

Sanuk!

Gun statistic don't mean too much.

I know one person in Thailand who got mad and killed a person.

The death cost the person a house.

Years later one of the kids of that person opened the safe

containg the same gun and when out and killed a person.

That death cost some money which the original owner of the gun paid.

I suspect the gun is now back in the safe and the safe has a different combination.

Look at Mexico - you can't own a gun there but a lot of people get killed there by guns.

The problem is not the gun but what causes some people to do bad things.

Correct that problem and we probably can all live together happily.

Archived