Could You......

sayjann

i got much flak for a small incident on my travels and i was told i should not have reacted in the way i did.....anyway not a problem.

but i did say the epicentre of the event was due to something i don't like but i was told i was in the wrong.

but sometimes the red mist descends and your mind goes blank.

but my question is could you KILL under certain circumstances?,but not saying it would be deliberate,just an act which goes too far?.

many of you BM's have wives,girlfriends,boyfriends and children and what what you do you do if you happened on an act of violence against them?.

if you walked into your house and saw your better half being assaulted what would be your reaction?.

would you fight off the attacker and MAYBE pick up something and give them a whack or stand back and just say

'excuse me sir,would you mind stopping and leave my house'?.

when it comes down to it there is violence and violence,it only takes one punch to kill someone.

would the red mist descend?.

Me, I'd kill in the right circumstances.

I might regret it later, but killing is not all that it's cracked up to be, especially now we're all immune to the sight of violence, care of Hollywood.

Without ever having faced the situation you describe, I have no abstract objection to using necessary force in the situation you describe to to stop an assault on a loved one. JMJ preserve me from ever having to face it in real life.

The question should read "Could you or Have you?"

28 years ago when I was back in Salford a mate and I got jumped by five guys all off their heads on smack, we were just walking home from a nightclub and they attacked us with knives.

To cut a long story short the one who tried to slice my jugular and knifed me 5 times in the back ended up on the receiving end of his own weapon it was either me or him, CPS did not even press charges they recognized it as self defense.

Ever since that day I have not even raised a hand to anybody but if I was in the same situation again I would not hesitate to defend myself by whatever force is necessary.

There was a story in the Thai press I seem to recall from a few tears ago of a farang man married to a Thai. He came back to his home in Thailand one day to find an intruder in the house attacking his wife. He ended up fighting the intruder and strangling him to death outside. I seem to remember he escaped punishment as the police took the view it was self-defence.

Some years ago now our house was burgled, there was no one at home. Had some very nice police chappies come and look over the place and a very nice officer type keen to improve his English took quite an interest in the matter. Not much they could do about it of course and nothing was ever recovered.

During our chat the matter of home invasions, then a bit of an issue, was discussed and the policeman made it quite clear that the best outcome would be if the perp were to be dead at the scene.

One of my friends at the Army NCO Academy in the States told me about the time his house was broken into when he lived off post just outside of Fort Hood, Texas. The perps sprayed some kind of knockout gas through the air conditioning system, then came in to loot the house. The police told him the same thing had been done at that house a couple of years earlier, and that it had been featured on TV on America's Most Wanted. The police advised the soldier to keep a pistol handy and shoot to kill. If you only wound a burglar, he might sue you for injuring him! My friend said he couldn't believe the police were telling him to kill somebody.

i only ask the question because of things i have heard of and at one time experienced.

i think many of us have tales of home invasion(some personal and some heard).

a friend of mine had an experience last week when he arrived home and saw his wife being assaulted by some fella after a motoring altercation.

he went mad and fought the other fella off,but it could have ended in death,who knows.

i had an experience a few years when i arrived home at around 11pm and knowing the house was empty and in darkness.

heard a noise upstairs and immediately grabbed a weapon,i had no idea what was going and the adrenaline started to flow.

found 2 kids who proberly not in their teens just having a look around after breaking in.

they seemed more scared then me and ran off while i let them go.

nothing was stolen and i think it was one of those occasions when young people do silly things.

but i sat down and just started shaking with what i imagined was fear and relieve as the thought about what had happened sunk in.

they ran off but if i had been attacked i'm sure i would have reacted and struck out.

2 little kids did'nt seem a problem in an afterthougt but if older assailants i would have fought for my life.

I expect that most of us could - big difference between that and the current generation who ssem to go out LOOKING for trouble. Some seriously fucked up units on the streets these days.

(Flasher, I have to admit that the one time I felt squeamish in basic training was the first time we did bayonet drills. It doesn't hit you until you are twisting that bayonet in the dummy's 'guts' just how horrific that would be on the battlefield. Still, when its him or you ..... )

Archived