New Opera Version Not Playing Nice With T360

Wallenda

I made the mistake this past week of updating to the latest version of Opera, version 12.

The most noticeable problem in its rendering of T360 is that the top right dropdown menu that includes My Profile, My Settings, My Content, etc. is now permanently dropped down and can't be closed. It hangs over the search box that is up there in the orange area so that the searchbox is only partially visible (less than half of it visible). Next to my username up there in one row are a down-arrow, then a number inside a small box (indicating number of new private messages) and then another down-arrow. The number of new messages displayed in the middle is not updating, it is just increasing since the update, not recognizing that messages are already read. I've received 3 private messages since updating, and so it shows 3 in that spot now. But I've read each of those pm's, so that's not being recognized and updated. It used to go back to 0 after I'd read the PM's. Now it just keeps increasing.

Is anyone else out there using Opera and seeing anything like this?

I did look at one other website recently using this new Opera version, cnet.com, and that was a lot more screwed up. Multiple headlines all appeared on top of each other in a big mess of jumbled text.

Hi,

"OSX / IOS is scheduled to overtake M$ within the next 12 months"

I would love to see some reputable figures on that as I find it VERY hard to believe.

I found some numbers here (which, granted, are 8 months old), that mention 1.25 billion installations of windows with only 152 million iOS devices.

OSX seems to be running on ~6% of computers with Windows on ~93%, which means roughly 80 millions.

So, OSX & iOS combined is only 232 million. That's less than a fifth of the Windows install base.

Sanuk!

Hi,

BTW, I guess that the underlying issue is that more and more people start using mobile devices for browsing, chatting and email. And that certainly something I would agree with.

I do not see the desktop PC go away completely, but for general day-to-day use a tablet can be a very good alternative for many people.

Sanuk!

My Source

OK 24 Months

This is a bit misleading, not really that relevant for websites and forums. From the standpoint of OS's out there on various devices that do different things (computers, phones, game consoles, tv's, toasters, refrigerators, etc.) maybe it's true. We are talking about a forum here though. I don't think any forums out there get significant traffic from iPhones or even iPads. Actually I would bet that the web in general is still dominated by Windows. The bulk of Apple OSs are coming via phones and ipads, which aren't as www oriented as computers. And the fact that both give content mainly via apps as opposed to websites means that's not likely to change. Yeah it is technically an OS, but it's an OS that's designed to primarily do something very different than Windows is.

Archived