Australia In The Asian Century

gobbledonk

Hi,

i mean language and not countries

how to recognize difference between dutch and flemish?

Flemish is Dutch, but just more funny to listen to :)

Seriously though, there is very little difference. I'm not even sure if Flemish is actually a separate language rathen than a dialect of Dutch.

Sanuk!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB's point is that he is the only one who orders his food in HKK in Flemish (since he doesn't neither speak Mandarin nor Kantonese).... evil-halloween.gif

I actually did exactly that once in a top restaurant in HK as the menu stated the chef was Flemish, I asked and he came to the table, so I ordered with him .......

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Still dont know why they didnt try to make sign an international language - we blew that opportunity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_language

On the whole, sign languages are independent of spoken languages and follow their own paths of development. For example, British Sign Language and American Sign Language are quite different and mutually unintelligible, even though the hearing people of Britain and America share the same spoken language. The grammars of sign languages do not usually resemble that of spoken languages used in the same geographical area; in fact, in terms of syntax, ASL shares more with spoken Japanese than it does with English

Cant say I'm wild about the facial expressions that seem to go with sign - as one comedian put, 'Why are deaf people so fucking angry ?' ...... :evilpumpkin:

Archived