Rip Windows Messenger

baa99

http://www.pcmag.com...,2411843,00.asp

Microsoft has announced it is bidding adieu to Messenger after more than 12 years. The company will retire Messenger apps "in the coming months" for all regions worldwide, except for mainland China, Brian Hall, general manager of Microsoft's Windows Live unit, wrote in a blog post Tuesday.

I have never used it. Ten-five years ago I saw schoolkids using it, but since then they moved on to Facebook messenger and/or other smartphone messengers.

Hi,

Been using it for years. Easy way to keep in contact with my business partner during the working day and both of us in different locations.

While I use the MSN network though, I don't use their client. I use Trillian instead.

Not sure what we'll switch to. Not that fond of Skype chat, can be pretty crap at times.

Wonder why they decided on this.

Sanuk!

Who pays for SKYPE?

I have used less than Euro 20 in 5 years of using the service the vast majority of my contacts and connections are using SKYPE.

One thing M$ have overlooked is how to import existing MSN contacts into an existing SKYPE account, the set up at the moment is that a new SKYPE account can import from an MSN but not an existing one, bollox I have not used MSN for years anyway.

It will piss a lot of people of who use MSN for business between China and the Rest of the World, China remains on MSN and the rest moves over to SKYPE, hummm slight disconnect there.

this is why I would never put my data "in the cloud" because before you know it the companies change terms on you! (just a sidetrack) and you are fucked.

Back to skype:

Now Mekong imagine how much microsoft makes extra if every MSN messenger person forced unto skype spends that 20 dollar! That is what microsoft wants :) Now on MSN people spend 0$ and on Skype they might spend 20$

Back to skype:

Now Mekong imagine how much microsoft makes extra if every MSN messenger person forced unto skype spends that 20 dollar! That is what microsoft wants :) Now on MSN people spend 0$ and on Skype they might spend 20$

You are assuming that everyone would load the account with $20, it is not compulsory and can be used SKYPE to SKYPE for $0 same as MSN.

Archived