My Thai Bride (2011) - Documentary

Boo Radley

My Thai Bride (2011)

"...Ted marries a Thai bar girl but when his money runs out, the marriage ends and he returns to the UK destitute, having learned what his Thai wife already knew: without money you lose everything..."

PS Anyone recognise from the photos, the bar where they met? Looks a bit like the Rooster Bar at the entrance to the former Buckskin Joe's maybe?

http://youtu.be/fUIbwO05JAA

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my money ran out a few years back and the Thai family put the farm in the bank to help me pay debts and sold any gold they had and we lived on till work found me again, while not working, I worked in the village doing a number of interesting things, wish I was still there doing them :) paid back the farm loans, bought some gold to replace what I sold of the familes gold.

Like many families around the world we stuck together, my farang family helping out as well, I am sure this is pretty common, maybe no one wants to admit it when they hit hard times?

Back earning good money, still have a few debts left, but those are all due to get paid this year, meanwhile I've been "investing' in helping the family as usual paying for school, Uni, etc, which I have NO problems doing, as they did far more than anyone else did to help me when I needed it.

Really ? stats show that in economic hard times, divorce rates are lower......but maybe in Thailand stats are different.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/dec/08/richer-poorer-recession-divorce-rates

Data published by the Office for National Statistics shows that 119,589 couples got divorced in 2010, an increase of 4.9% since 2009, when there were 113,949 divorces. This follows several years of decreases – last year's figure was the lowest since 1974.

Made a DVD of the film and gave it a look...I have seen this same-same many times, nothing new or shocking.

One thing I found common in these situations...the man was usually out shagging every stray patch he could find!!

The wife would warn the man and in the end he gets thrown out...maybe this is the 1 in a million where the man

played it straight up :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a friend who was always trying to "rescue" BGs when he first got here. They usually looked at him as if he had rocks in his head. He got over it after a year or so though, finally realising most of them don't want to be "rescued".

Usually happens when a guy has a few Thai miles under his belt, possibly from multiple trips in quick succession, who thinks if only he can save one .....

More and more though it is the external expert, the one who has spent thousands of hours on forums before setting foot in LOS who knows it all before they arrive and is acting like the 21st century missionary. Missionary by day; missionary and other positions by night.

I could recount lists of girls who fucked it up but who at the end didn't want saving, but the real prize idiot was a then young girl just into her 20s, laden with a kid by some Somchai runaway, who bagged the elephant. Not old, very well paid, properties and investments being made and enough money to pay for the finer things in life. For years she managed to keep him engaged but eventually she couldn't keep herself from fucking up, shagging around and then losing the lot. Now back where she started, hawking her 30 plus year old frame around for whatever she can get.

Not long after I started to live there, I realised it was they, the Thais who have rocks in their heads and only a few sensible ones existed out of the lot of them.

Archived