Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

Personally I don't find daily charging an issue at all, having had iPhones since 2007 not that I have much choice. Maybe it's because in my line of work I am sat in front of a computer for 75% of the day and when in the office have a USB cord in my desk, even if corporate IT lockdown the USB ports to disable read/write capacity power is still available.

In the car I have a docking station to use it as a music player which also charges it and at home by second nature I just pop it into the docking station, in fact I have to remind myself once a month the allow the battery to fully discharge and then give it a full recharge to maintain capacity.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all that too, but that something, a thing, is trying to control my movements is annoying.

Cars have changed the mentality of the human kind, provided the mobility and independence.

Mobile phones were in that direction.

Now, smart phones with energy demanding graphics and nice screens, are tying you back to the plug in points, to be always ready to consume and be charged.

For what? Cancelling what the idea of the mobile phones had been before them.

HTC One is sealed battery as well, no add on memory either, no issue with all the free cloud storage going around.If you think phones are geting out of hand, and just to push TTM's points along a bit further, there are now add on phones for your smartphone!

http://news.yahoo.com/htc-newest-accessory-phone-smartphone-033007181.html

htc-one-mini-plus.pngThis is an HTC bluetooth accessory for your smartphone. Allows you to make and take calls without needing to fumble with the miniature mainframe in your pocket, or wherever you keep it.

I have all that too, but that something, a thing, is trying to control my movements is annoying.

Cars have changed the mentality of the human kind, provided the mobility and independence.

Mobile phones were in that direction.

Surely if one has a car to give you mobility and independence then you also have the facility to charge your mobile whilst out and about and not tied to a power outlet.

If I am off the beaten track and away from car or a charging source for more than 24 hours then I just set up my "Do Not Disturb" profile and block all incoming calls except for family members and the battery lasts for 10 days if not used, not that I go off the beaten track that often.

Like waking up in the morning, farting, scratching your gonads before going for a pee and brushing your teeth putting your phone on charge becomes second nature.

There it starts: If a mobile phone is wireless, why not the earplugs are not?

Don't tell me Bluetooth, the most annoying crap of all add-ons.

Why you accept charging a phone as a daily routine? Brushing teeth might be but charging a thing that would leave you disconnected if you are not disciplined enough (to recharge it) does hardly anything for you.

What you really need is remote powering, the power comes as the mobile phone signal comes.

Companies have perverted all sorts of distractions, invented money extraction but have not solved that fundamental one. I took a trouble to complain about that.

Not waltzing into "mobile charge movement limitations" and accept that as given, like a Law of Earth.

Back when I were a lad they built a medium wave community radio station just down the bottom of a friends estate. We got a fairly monstrous signal off it and with rectification, enough power to charge a 1.5 volt battery overnight. Not exactly sure now but I think the transmitter was 10 kilowatts carrier power. I figure most cell service nano sites are maybe 5 or 10 watts. The theory works but the practicality is at the same level as trying to run an electric car or hybrid on a battery the size of your cellphone.

How often do you need to recharge your laptop?

There is probably more computing power in your Galaxy S4 than the first laptop you ever owned, they are not just phones anymore and it appears that you just want a mobile to make phone calls, a camera to take photo's an MP3 player to listen to music and a Laptop for surfing the Net / emails etc.

How does charging leave on disconnected? Do you hold it in your hand 24/7 do you hell, in the office it's on the desk when you are there plugging it into the PC for a charge does not disconnect you it still receives incoming calls, at home in the evening when you go to bed I bet your mobile is on your bedside cabinet it could be charging then.

Back when I were a lad they built a medium wave community radio station just down the bottom of a friends estate. We got a fairly monstrous signal off it and with rectification, enough power to charge a 1.5 volt battery overnight. Not exactly sure now but I think the transmitter was 10 kilowatts carrier power.

Haha memories of a misspent youth, my mate and I also set up our own pirate radio station from his shed at the bottom of his parents garden back in the late 70's we were both licensed Amateur Radio operators (Class A) and got bored with the chatter on "Cabbage Patch" ham radio, come on we were 15 and more interested in broadcasting the latest Thin Lizzy / Frank Zappa / Pink Floyd tunes rather than chatting with G2123 from Carnforth about the size of his radishes, whilst partaking in some morrocan tobacco, we soon got shut down.

Archived