Hotel and Condo Ghost Stories

iono

With people committing suicide and many a supposed farang heart attack. Has anyone ever experienced any evil spirits or had a superstitious girl freaking out because of the room being haunted. (I'm asking because I'm usually to drunk to notice). Got any stories?

shocked.gif" border="0

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No actual personal experiences with this, but you may recall the fire in Le Meridien President hotel in '96. A number of people were trapped in the upper floors and jumped to their deaths.

It took a long time to repair the damage of the fire. It has taken a longer time to get most Thais to want to stay in that hotel. I have talked to Thais, including hotel management, who claim the ghosts of those who jumped continue to roam the halls and rooms of the hotel - especially the upper floors. Some have claimed to see these restless spirits.

So at that hotel, pretty much you only have foreigners staying there.

Also no personal experiences but a rather amusing tale.

Recently my TG and I were apartment hunting and this Thai fellow (Khun Santee I believe his name was) showed us a place in Sukhumvit Suites. As we were leaving my TG asked him (in Thai) if he also owned an apartment on the 15th floor of that building to which he replied negatively (but very quietly). The whole time he'd been around us he was extremely nervous too. I just thought he was the nervous type.

After we parted, I asked my girl what was up. She said he was a liar because he had rented her (and her prior boyfriend) an apartment on the 15th floor. They had stayed a week. Neighbors told her that the prior tenant had murdered his wife and daughter, cut them into pieces and attempted to flush at least one of the cadavers down the commode. She was already having nightmares before learning of this story.

Needless to say, I didn't consider the landlord to be of particularly good character after the incident. We took a different place.

Just last week I had a funny one. My on again off again girlfriend was around. It was fairly late and I was in bed, reading. She was standing next to the bathroom, combing her hair in front of the mirror, as they do for hours on end - sure you know that story! Anyway, the light next to the mirror went off, and came on again about five seconds later. It has been happening for a while but she was not aware of it. Next thing I know she is sprinting towards me screaming TEERUK and literally jumps into bed. I played dumb, and asked what was wrnbg and she said that there was a ghost in the bathroom! HILLARIOUS!

Stick

About eight or nine years ago I was staying in a condo in Pattaya and the cleaner was a young man who worked in one of the hotels as a room boy. He used to arrive at my room at around 6.00pm after working in the hotel. One afternoon he arrived in a rather agitated state due to a happening at his work place. Apparently, a farang guest was found dead in his bed. He had arrived the previous night with a Thai boy who had slept with him. In the morning the Thai boy could not wake his friend and discovered he was cold. The Thai boy was hysterical when he discovered that he had spent the night in bed with a corpse. None of the Thai staff would enter the room after the body had been removed, and my cleaner, I don't remember his name, was made to clean the room and change the bed linen. He was absolutely terrified of entering the room because of the evil spirits that would inhabit the room thereafter.

I had never realised just how superstitious the Thais were. From all accounts the bf of the deceased farang was in a very bad way, and the episode had left its mark on all of the staff.

Unfortunately, I thought the affair was quite hilarious, and found it impossible to contain my laughter. The poor cleaner was not amused at my reaction. For days afterwards I had this vision of the Thai guy waking to find a corpse in his bed and screaming hysterically.

Regarding the ghost at the Grace Hotel. This is one of my favorite stories, and one in which I had some first hand experience. I archived the posts from the old Delphi board, but I am hesitant to repost them here because of their length, about 9 pages in MS Word.

Khun Sanuk, advice, please.

Co Van My

Farang swapping ghost stories?? You guys gone troppo or what? Or too much "lao dawng" with your Buriram girl-friends?? But, actually, my frigde is giving off these funny noises these days and I'm not sure if it's a sign from one recently departed or just metal fatigue ... Gotta ask my "mor doo" ... shocked.gif" border="0

There is a thermae girl I have known for three years, I'll call her Lek, who says she is psychic,and she claims to have always seen ghosts.When she was a kid and trying to sleep she told me she was bothered by the ghost of a cat and a monkey, as well as seeing other shades of the dead.

I always like to take her out,not for the sex which even after a few times is still bad, but due to her stories and her knowledge of the music scene. Last time I saw her we went back to the Mahhattan hotel on Soi 15 and the subject of ghosts came up again.As far as hotels go she said the Ambassador had some nasty ones and that the Sukhumvit Crown had the most,but these are all friendly.I asked her about the Manhattan,thats when things got a bit scary.First there was the story of an Italian boyfriend who she had been very keen on, but had had to give up.Often when she was in a room with him at night a ghost would appear sitting somewhere. When she described the figure her boyfriend could identify him as a mate who had been killed in a road accident.The ghostly mate got her down so much she ended the relationship.

I asked her if she had ever seen anything at the manhatten, no, not see she said, but I can feel my friend here,she always come with me!She reminded me about Noi a girl she used to work with.I had only met her once two years ago, sadly she had since died of AIDS.Anyway, seems at the funeral up country Lek tells Noi she can go back to BKK with her.Now every night when she goes off to Thermae the two of them stick together. So I had to ask her where Noi was, here with us!!,cannot see but can feel.Double header with a ghost was a new one.Lek claims her psychic ability means she never picks up a bad man,I'll have to introduce her to Sarisin!

Lek may make all or most of it up but she is very convincing, and even if none of it is true she is a great story teller.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by iono:

With people committing suicide and many a supposed farang heart attack. Has anyone ever experienced any evil spirits or had a superstitious girl freaking out because of the room being haunted. (I'm asking because I'm usually to drunk to notice). Got any stories?

shocked.gif" border="0

Archived