Typhoon Haiyan

baa99

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering if the storm that is hitting Vietnam will make it to us.

No it has changed path, was initially predicted to hit Vietnam central around Da Nang then travel west and Ubon Ratchathani but it changed path once past Taiwan and headed north and Thai Binh got it full on. It's now heading east and going to China.

What do expats do in a Typhoon, have a Party ha ha, a rooftop Typhoon BBQ, 150KMH winds lashing down with rain and eating grilled chicken and pork whilst drinking cheap beer, you don't need to be mad but it helps.

Only 250 MHZ CAT 6 on my projects.

CAT 5 is Twisted Pair also.

For those wondering what the fark we are on about Huumlaar had a play on words, CAT 5 and now CAT 5E and CAT 6 are the standard ethernet cables used in networks, it took me a couple of moments to understand his joke.

1 Millisecond timing for SOE (Sequence of Events) from LDC (Load Dispatch Centre) Snug as a bug in a rug back in Powergen again, we need 250 MHZ. As soon as frequency hits 49.9 Hertz LDC tells all units MORE NOW at 49.7 Hertz a blackout.

I am just some dumb fark white face who happens to be a consultant to Vietnamese government on Power Generation and distribution, I am not claiming that I am superior than other BM's there are actually some very educated persons on this forum who like to play the fool, I won't name names but anyone with half a brain could recognise the BM's who know their shit. Roof over head and rice on the table, Hunter / Gatherer mode, it is what man has done for millennium.

A Certain BM was bragging about his US$1 Million Data Centre, Sorry TTM you are a switchman, and the first thing I ever do with a Cisco switch is flash the memory and configure my way, who needs corporate crap, Ring topology was so 1980's Star and Web topology now and your company provides a basic component to build a network.

OK, I will mouth off now, PEARL GTL US$ 28 Billion, SADARA US$ 19 Billion, SATORP US$ 21 Billion, Vietnam Power - 100 Billion the tea money hear is horrendous, and you mouth off about a US$ 1 Million project, damn I would allow a 24 year old Vietnamese uni grad run such a small job.

RM I agree that 5E is probably on par with 6 for 99% of applications but I am on a backhander from Chinese Cat 6 cable supplier, everyone is on the take so why not join them haha.

After many years of being shown the pie I could have dipped my finger in and taste the sweet I just said "Fark it" I need my slice of the pie now. :D

Archived