People's Uprising About To Reach 'critical Mass'

Flashermac

Suthep says govt seeking justification to declare state of emergency

People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban Sunday alleged that the government was seeking justification to declare the state of emergency by claiming protesters had built weapons and planned to use violence.

Suthep said the protesters did not use drugs as alleged by Information and Communication Technology Minister Anudit Nakhonthap.

He said the government made the allegation that the protesters would create violence on January 13 because the government wanted to invoke the emergency decree to declare a state of emergency.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-says-govt-seeking-justification-to-declare--30223562.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen ,

I hereby offically admit that due to lack of kowledge of the language , unsuffient number of years of temporary presence in Siam , lack of suitable inmates , lack of permanent Bangkok rsidence and lack of wisdom in general I was planning to move my point of view from The protesters are going to ruin the country towards The protesters are the light in the tunnel . As a true believer in accuracy I did then spend the biggest part of today investigating the current turbulence by studying net-based papers , forums and what-have-you on condition they were Thai-related because I was told here on this forum by usually well informed individuals that the rest of the world´s comments are nothing but pure crap because the world has no idea . I have , in other words , as usual done my very best ; my intention has been serious .

As a result of my studies as per now , 18:41 Sunday , I feel unable to execute my aforementioned move ; one of the reasons being that there seem to be as many writers sharing my initial view as there are fans of brother Suthep , I am not alone any more . With utmost possible pride I may declare that quite a few within the anti-Suthep camp even seem to live in the kingdom for centuries , even might speak Thai and surprisingly seem to think same as myself . As we have learned these aspects being of substantial importance commenting current political activities . Even assuming that the current government is the worst assembly of criminals on the surface of the earth , the future plans of the Enlightened Commitee are of such ridiculous type that calling them a comedy is a serious insult to all comedians , well most of them .

I found the following piece in the Phuket Gazette . I don´t know what the Gazette stands for , but it sums it all up .

Over to you .

Sorry I lost the link , postponed

"For those of you desiring to join us at Rajdamnoen on the day, please come no later than the evening of January 12. We are leaving Democracy Monument for good on January 13 for other grounds and not looking back," he said.

In a related development, Singapore Airlines said it would cancel 19 flights to Bangkok in the coming weeks as political tensions in the Thai capital were keeping some travellers away, according to The Straits Times.

Travel agents are also seeing fewer bookings as leisure travellers opt for less-troubled spots in Thailand like Phuket. The slowdown has even affected Bangkok's popularity as a destination for corporate travel, and meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (Mice) events, they said.

SIA, which flies five times a day to Bangkok, will cancel about one in 10 flights between Jan 14 and Feb 25. Affected customers will be put on other flights or given refunds if they cancel plans, a spokesman said.

Cowards . I might possibly be the only passenger arriving on Tuesday Feb the 4th . I plan to take a car from Suvannapum to the Chao Praya delta and hire a boat from there . Or buy one , I have a Rhine-River skippers certificate up to 15 tons deadweight . Expiry date 08/1977 but the photo shows hansum man , I swear .

dearest bubii,

I'm sorry you lost valuable time and didnt even come up with anything much except reciting what most already knew...that there is no black and white...lol :)

perhaps this is the link you lost? http://www.phuketgaz...oads-23168.html

the article summerizes the aim of the protesters pretty good, so thanks for that but doesnt do anything else :)

so the status quo remains...no one seem to give credible positive expections on a continued 'red' dictator at the helm of LOS :(

thus our best bet gotta be ... something else ... thus see u all on the road around 13jan ;)

yours

i think i know best ... hah

Anyway, Bubi what is your stance on the protests against:

The democratically elected government of Hun Sen?

The democratically elected government of Morsi (since overthrown in a coup)

The democratically elected government of Mugabe?

The democratically elected government of Erdogan?

To name just a few democratically elected people. They were all elected with majorities. So according to your stance the people should not protest and try to overthrow them ..... please react to all of these.

The democratically elected government of the Lao PDR? (Free elections but only one party running ...)

Speaking of which, only one party has posters up in Bangkok for the 2 February Thai elections. Guess which one. Maybe the others are betting it will be postponed. (I expect Chuwit will eventually put up his posters, but his party only consists of himself and his pooch.)

...maybe Beijing style...run the protesters over with tanks!

Word is, that the Army is sitting this one out...for the moment.

Last coupe the Army marched down to the Central Bank and took out a pile of $$$, which

was divide up.

Corruption...gov officials, ministers that show up for "work" one day a month...try to get a

permanent residency in Thailand and how much you will have to pay for it! and look who

sells the permanent residency, judges, generals.

Have a friend that put in for his in 2006 and is still waiting! he didn't pay up, so he will wait until

hell freezes over.

...and this has been going on for many years before Mr. T sat in the big chair...think it will change in one election?

That's the reason for reform before an election ... and the reason Pheu Thai does not want it until after. Yingluck says that after she is re-elected (more or less certain with the Demos boycotting it), she will appoint her own committee to undertake reform. So far she has suggested only pro-PT folks, generals and the same old politicians to be put on the committee :p

Archived