Thank you my friend and answer all the questions

LG,

I understand where you are coming from. I was putting the together out-takes, and was thinking that if she just changed a few I go's to I'll go....it would all make sense. And I agree...what's the point of doing this? And didn't she say she learned English from Thai person? This is why I ended with 'I'm confused', as opposed to a major 'your busted' tirade. I do have a very small lingering doubt, too. But very small.

A computer science major not seeing any need for spell check, even when brought to her attention? A spell check written post would ruin it all for a troll. Also, has been asked origin of B/F from the beginning, yet has ignored all requests for this to be answered. She says 'I'd be b/g, but I'm too shy", in the beginning. Then says it's because she might get stuck with dirty farang, even though b/f is farang?

That's why I invited her for an explanation. Sooner, or later, they will expose themselves, if a troll. I thought invitation to Friday meet at Woodstock was a good idea, but then GTG jumped in to tell her it was the worst thing she has ever done, so don't do it. And yet, GTG continues to post here.

All very strange to me.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Thaied

'Jittima' has now stated that her bf is from the UK - at the start of this thread.

I THINK GTG was joking, though Jittima would not know that anyway so would have been put right off. From what she has written before, GTG found her visit quite interesting/enjoyable - though I don't think she has ever returned!!

It might be nice if GTG could confirm that herself though. BTW GTG, do you ever plan to join us again? We have another quiz coming up on Tuesday - reigning champions!!

LG

LG,

From UK??????? I thought maybe Kinshasa in West Africa might explain things a little, but UK? How can his language skills get worse after 7 years to the point of having jittima getting tired of teaching him english? If this story is for real, then me and Old Hippie want some of whatever he's been taking. smile.gif

I haven't been following this 'trilogy' of threads very carefully, so went to have a look at beginning posts...

"I have to work sooo hard. Two jobs. I need money...blah, blah..."

TROLL.....believe it.

I agree with you Longgun, there are a lot of bullshit language colleges in Oxford, they're there to rip off the gullible asiatics that want to study in Oxford. It could be possible for a person to do a masters at Oxford if their English was poor, its a good money spinner for the Uni, never an under graduate course though.

Graduating from Oriel myself, I never ever met any undergraduates that didn't speak English at native speaker level.

I puzzle at why a lot of the posters here doubt her authenticity, dont just look at the grammar and sentence structure.

She's real I'm sure of it.

STH

I'm with Long Gun on this. I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially if I have nothing to lose.

As to the spell check thinggy... Guys get real. If you are not a native english speaker your going to get flagged a LOT. And then you've got to choose from all the options that come up, a significant number of them you are not going to recognize. Stopping everytime you get flagged to choose the correct word and looking things up in the dictionary is one of the quickest ways to get absolutely nowhere.

I do find the claim that he can't teach english a bit ludicrous as this guy's from the UK. I mean Geordies get employed teaching english right? Only alternative I can think of is that this guy was an illegal who made it to the UK for several years and then moved here. But says he's from the UK instead of Senegal or Poland or whatever (no offense to those nationalities).

Still, I can't really get myself worked up over this because the whole situation inspires 0 sympathy from me. Jittima for staying with a sinking ship that's dragging her down and him for being the anchor that's making everyone's life miserable and not doing anything about it. Dangit, I've helped people with computers. Gotten gifts of money, food, free drinks, and bottles of booze and I didn't ask for anything.

<<burp>>

Archived