Jehova's Witnesses

khunsanuk

Hi,

Some Jehova's witnesses (or other regilious nutcases) got on the subway with me when going home from work. Saw them talk to some of the people around them, couldn't really hear much of what was said, but did hear the word 'sassana' (religion) at one point. Nobody really seemed interested in them.

Just before I was getting off - and the amount of people had dwindled quite a bit - one of them noticed me and asked me "Would you like to go to church?". Told him - literally - "Fuck off!"

These guys really piss me off. Who the fuck gives them the right to try and shove their religion down others throats! And why should the Thais chose their fairytale over any of the other fairy tales?

I don't really mind people being religious (eventhough I can't understand people being stupid enough to believe in any of them), but I really don't like them trying to convert others to their beliefs.

End of rant :)

Sanuk!

• Like 1

2nd that. hope the rant helped a bit :)

now I was down immigration (suksawat) for the fuckin 4th time within months trying to please the bastards & partly working normal immi offices & I almost had it when the same woman (well sole woman dealing with change of visa stuff) who on friday specified exactly which extra docs I needed & then when I brought then she started off by rejecting everything and dared to say I should calm down else she wouldnt do anythingI!!!

:nono:

What do Democritus, Epicurus, Andrew Carnegie, Ivan Pavlov, Sigmund Freud, Alan Turning, Warren Buffet, Carl Sagan, Bruce Lee, Stephen Hawking, Mick Jagger, David Gilmour, Steve Wozniak, Douglas Adams and even Mark Zuckerberg all have in common?

They all appear on the list of the 50 Most Brilliant Atheists of all Time. http://brainz.org/50-most-brilliant-atheists-all-time/

Even Karl Marx is oft misquote with his line "Religion is the Opiates of the Masses" was never said by Marx, it was Marquis de Sade in his 1797 publication L'Histoire de Juliette "Religion Merely Acts as an Opiate"

What Marx did say in his own Journal Deutchsch-Franzosische Jahrucher in collaboration with Ruge was "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Marx went on further to explain the meaning behind this.

"The foundation of irreligious criticism is: Man makes religion, religion does not make man. Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man, so that he will think, act, and fashion his reality like a man who has discarded his illusions and regained his senses, so that he will move around himself as his own true Sun. Religion is only the illusory Sun which revolves around man as long as he does not revolve around himself."

There has been a lot of research done on the Correlation between Religiosity and Intelligence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence#Studies_comparing_religious_belief_and_I.Q. and also about Political allegiances http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/

So to be honest as a Liberal Atheists I just look down and Laugh at the Bible Bashers, Tub Thumpers et all and just laugh in their faces, figuratively speaking not physically, the same as I do at the Right Wing Extremists.

A slightly longer Rant but factual ;)

Hi,

I don't really mind people being religious (eventhough I can't understand people being stupid enough to believe in any of them), but I really don't like them trying to convert others to their beliefs.

Sanuk!

Do you have a moment? I'd like to share these thoughts with you.... :grinyes:

cartoon-cheeses-church-mice.jpg

Count me as an atheist.

But...

Religions, on balance, do a lot of good. Think, what would these millions of people get up to, with their propensity for irrational beliefs and behaviours if not religion. Better, they are where we can see them and for the majority of them, doing more good than harm...

Ironically, in LOS anyway, the only ones I see shoving their beliefs about religion are the militant atheists. I detest them as much as I do any craw thumpers.

I do know that the Mormon missionaries have been told not to bother foreigners. Most missionaires seem to be the same. I doubt those were Jehovah's Witness that KS saw. The only in-your-face preachers I've ever seen here are the self-ordained Evangelicals. They are the ones who used to stand in front of Nana Plaza and rant 10 or so years ago, much to the amusement of the BGs.

Hi,

Some Jehova's witnesses (or other regilious nutcases) got on the subway with me when going home from work. Saw them talk to some of the people around them, couldn't really hear much of what was said, but did hear the word 'sassana' (religion) at one point. Nobody really seemed interested in them.

Just before I was getting off - and the amount of people had dwindled quite a bit - one of them noticed me and asked me "Would you like to go to church?". Told him - literally - "Fuck off!"

These guys really piss me off. Who the fuck gives them the right to try and shove their religion down others throats! And why should the Thais chose their fairytale over any of the other fairy tales?

Sanuk!

Look them over and throw out

Leviticus 19:19

"'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.