Has This Happened To You

Okay, so it seems there really is a lack of gender discrimination here in some respects so what makes it seemingly, man first, or is it foreigner first. Do the less well educated restaurant server types still view Thai women with foreigners as a lesser breed? Are they being judgmental in some way?

I noticed that too. And here I think we expose a vulnerability in the western feminist view. If in the course of events, the female is served first, this is OK, but if it's the male, this is somehow wrong. Ideally it should be 50/50 or at least random.

So as most of my life in the west the lady was served first, me being being served first over here has a long way to go...

:)

I'm not sure if this happens with everyone, but whenever my boyfriend and I go out for a meal to a restaurant. Whatever the amount of dishes have been ordered my boyfriend always gets his food first, but I end up getting the larger portion.

First we thought this was just random, but over time we noticed that it was happening all the time. They always serve me a huge portion, and my boyfriend a smaller one - and he always gets his food first.

My boyfriend asked me if I know why .... I have no idea.

NO

Why are you boring the board with useless observations?

Hi,

No, not had that happen, but it is quite common that food for everyone does not arrive at the same time. And I've also noticed often that the rice comes much later than the other dishes, which I find very odd as I'd expect the rice to be cooked already.

Sanuk!

I had that once. Rice finally arrived 15 minutes after the main meal. Hur~