Does An Ipad Full Of Apps Weigh More?

Coss

Coss

But is there actually a mass balance transfer? the basics of electricity is electrons jumping into neutrons i.e. the big fat 1's Jumping into the hole that the 0's leave but then the 1 vacates a space and becomes a 0 thereby maintaining equilibrium yes there is a molecular change and hence forth a weight change on a sinusoidal cycle but the mass balance remains the same.

​...

​May I vote this as the most stupid thread ever started on this forum and there fore myself as the saddest person to post replies

Is your iPad radioactive? :p

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/flash-memory.htm

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, as proved in an echo chamber

OK Missy I apologise for being negative towards you, in fact you did get the answer nearly correct.

Off cause duck quacks echo any sound is a resonance and the echo is a reflection. A duck quack in itself is a soft sound and since ducks like other wildfowl tend to live in open expanses away from hard surfaces to reflect the sound it is perceived that duck quacks don't echo.

Now the storey behind the experiment that disproved this urban myth is funnier than the myth in itself, Dr Cox an acoustics expert at Salford Uni a satellite school of UMIST (yes we are all mad up North) was having a few adult beverages with his students one friday afternoon and the question arose. Now Dr Cox not to be outdone by his students decided to debunk the myth and announced "My Neighbour is a farmer and he has a duck called Daisy" lets go and get her. So, on a Friday afternoon half pissed they turned up with Daisy the Duck at the acoustics research laboratory (thanks for the pic Missy) and proved that Duck's quacks do echo but not audible to the human ear.

Sounds like the sort of shit I would get up to, half pissed and toked a couple of spliffs lets go and get a Duck for the fun of it.

Talking of Duck's and God, if god happened to exist which in my mind he does not he did not rest on the Sabbath he played a big joke. He took a mammal stuck a ducks beak on it and made it lay eggs, FUCK YOU DARWIN sort that one out Duck Billed Platypus do their farts echo?

Actually it is an Exothermic reaction from the Greek prefix Exo which means outwards, Exo Thermic Outwards Heat. Heat or Thermic is a term applied loosely since it applies to any energy form of energy release be it heat, light, electric etc.

An Endothermic Reaction from the Greek prefix Endo which means inwards requires energy from an outside source to make the reaction happen.

Of course Endothermic reactions cost money due to the cost of the Endo Energy so mankind then discovered Catalyst, a catalyst speeds up the reaction but adds nothing to the end product, a sacrificial piece of shit which is cheaper than the Endo energy required to cause the reaction.

This all leads me to one question

Do Duck Quacks Echo?

Yes sorry, I meant Exo.

And duck quacks, like all sound will echo if there's a surface for them to echo off, of.

Great thread...what's next...if a tree falls in the forest, does someone hear it :dunno:

Cav spot on Bro, I can talk shit to the nth degree and plus some ha ha

The falling tree in the forest is similar to the duck quack, is someone around to hear it, a forest is a great expanse so the laws of probability would dictate that most people would not hear it. Probabilities and possibilities are a great factor, If Then, So What sound like the the ground rules of Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code aka BASIC I like this shit, WHAT IF, IF THEN, I am as stupid as a computer and can only count up to one.

But is it a half? Fuzzy Logic neither a One or a Zero, this forms the basis of AI Artificial Intelligence, things are not Black and White, On or Off, Open or Closed, there is the Grey (gray to my cousins) in between, I love exploring the grey areas the WHAT IF Probabilities opens so many new questions, oh fuck it I need a beer.

Yes sorry, I meant Exo.

And duck quacks, like all sound will echo if there's a surface for them to echo off, of.

Top Man, you can talk Shite as well as me, of course any sound resonates and requires a surface to bounce off hence forth producing an echo, 10/10 for the answer

All right then, what about this one:

Assuming there is a Soul, or a Mind, in a human being and these two things need not be mutually exclusive, what would they look like and where and how would they reside?

It may help to define some things first. And or think about possibilities.

I'll start

I reckon that the Soul is the Minds way of describing feelings we have, like guilt and love. So the Soul could be a subset of the Mind.

So what is the Mind. It's not the storage of information, otherwise my iPad would have a Mind.

Consider the following scenario:

Imagine that the Polar icecaps with all their frozen molecules of water represented stored information, and the Aurorae Borealis and Australis by their nature, effected subtle changes in the way we perceive the information contained in the icecaps.

If we were solely focussed on the reading and wiring of data at the ice cap level, and we could not imagine the existence the Aurorae, the subtle changes in the way we view the information in the ice caps are inexplicable. And therefore, we are thinking about the information in different ways, based on no knowable influence. This, if transposed to our Mind concept, could be a working hypothesis.

What do you think? How am I going so far?

Sorry Coss,

Soul and mind is getting close to religion a topic I stay away from, ducks farting in a forest is my level of conversation.

Why don't polar bears use Penguins to wipe their bum, it is all polar, Myself from the northern hemisphere we have the white bear stomping around where as the Penguin is a southern hemisphere based mammal.

Here we go then, do bears shit in the wood's