There ARE BKK Pubs in w/ Cup Commentary in English

frogpatrol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jbje said:

Last time viewing the WC in the Living Room worked perfectly.

Heyy, don't do that again, JBJE, reading those old posts again from Froggy and PPete sent shivers down my spine. That was a great World Cup to be in Thailand for, though, the timings were great. Great memories of watching games in Buriram (England v Argentina), the Office (Brazil v England), the Dubliner (Spain v Ireland), the VIP lounge in the Living Room (England v Denmark) and the National Stadium (the final, with Racha, and families).

Anyone going to be at the County Arms??!?

Sorry about dredging up the history of 2002.

If I remember correctly the matches aired at the Living Room were on a feed that would intermittently feature some kind of Singapore logo.

I was there at the LR for England v Denmark, front sofa on the left, BTW.

Thanks for the suggestions here. Sounds like the contenders are the Office, Mojo's, Xchange, Livingstones, New Square One, and in Pattaya, Jamesons (although I seriously doubt I'll go there). Can't say I've been to any of these.

I guesss early on I will try to scout these out and find out screen sizes, whether the 2am games will be shown, and whether it's going to be Brazil v Japan or Australia v Croatia for the matches airing at the same time.

i imagine it will be better to watch the Games this Year then in 2002.

i was in Patong for the first 2 Weeks of the Tournament and with Games a Day with the first kicking off around Noon and the last finishing around 7-8pm fun times were had during the quiet Days.

i had time for a nap and then go out around Midnight for a bit of fun.

but the Bars were deserted and it was Daylight,much more fun to watch Football in the evening with some eye-candy prancing around.

Those 2002 posts do make us realize just how long many of us have been posting here. Not sure whether to smile, shiver, or both!

Black Tiger and I were just talking about this topic (tele, that is) while in Rawhide the other night. Ironic, though timely.

Long Gun - why not mosey on over (you know, it's just a few hours away from Angrit) and we can have a good old celebration once again. We'll even invite Sayjaan :)

Bangkok footie fans - let's do some partying! George's Germany are first up this Friday.

Racha - I will be in Phuket for a part of the tourney. Let's get together mate. And congrats - word has it that you have added another little Racha to the clan. (and I don't mean an underage mia noy, but a blood relative Racha)

froggo

Archived