There ARE BKK Pubs in w/ Cup Commentary in English

frogpatrol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ususally they have a couple of girls sat by the foodstalls on soi 33 at the entrance to the smaller soi with signs trying to persuade people to go to the Office.

Not so sure that they would try to attract you GTG.

I was there for the Ireland - Saudi game. Not very crowded at all

i had a table for 4 all to myself at the front. The Ireland game was on the large screen at one end of the bar. commentary in english. Feed from Malaysia or Indonesia.

At the other end on a smaller set they showed the germany game with thai commentary.

with beer 59bt a glass it is not too bad

So if you do make the Office for the Ireland game, what are you going to do when the first Irishman approaches you (probably between 11 and 12 mins after you've sat down) and says "what's a nice place like you doing in a girl like this?"

• 3 years later...

Last time viewing the WC in the Living Room worked perfectly.

Alas, the LR is history.

Any suggestions? Preferences are for:

--a monster screen,

--commentary in pasa Ankrit,

--ability to reserve a space in advance, and

--knowing which of two conflicting matches the premise plans to screen.

--ability to see all of a match beginning at 2am without interruption.

Don't know but I'd guess one of the English pubs like The Bull Head in Soi 33/1 or the Londoner in Soi 33 would be a good bet.

I watched most of the last World Cup in Thailand and didn't know there was an English commentary option. The Thai coverage was appalling - they had no highlights at half or full time and they didn't even display the scores or time played while the match was going on! WTF?! :dunno::cussing:

frogpatrol said:

The Dusit Thani's Library Bar is showing the games in English, as are other "select" hotels, according to today's Post. Anyone know what other select hotels may be included.....?

As we discussed last night, so far the situ is the same this year, no Angrit second audio prodram for UBC or on-air broadcasts, but maybe a few "select hotels" will get it. Cunts. Why not give it to all?

So one will have to find a pub with with a big screen AND a satellite feed to get English. I can think of only a few: Office and Mojo's on 33 (now same owner), Livingstone's on 33 and New Square One in Washington Square.

But rumour has it a new joint is opening up on Suk soi 5 that will have satellite feed, two big screens and stay open late. Sounds perfect. They are trying hard to open before World Cup, but are not there yet. More on this place as I know it.

Regards,

SD

you are all invited to my house to watch the Games....... :grinyes:

i can guarantee all English commentary and all the Beer you can drink....... :beer:

i will pay for everything.......... :xmascheer

and even a barbie thrown in............. :yay:

all you will have to do is bring a little coleslaw of potato salad.......

just let me know which Games you want to watch and i will arrange things........... :chili:

Archived