There ARE BKK Pubs in w/ Cup Commentary in English

frogpatrol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Thailand has solved the gambling problem. Just don't show the WC live.

Monday's game (Australia - Japan) was "preempted" and not shown on Thai TV. So only the unlicensed places had it on live.

Thankfully the US game is on at 11 pm - should be on tv - even without the English commentary.

I should add that the above are hotels that are having World Cup promotions. Not sure about the English feed or not.

A limited survey last night showed the Westin with a big screen but no sound and the Novotel Lotus with Thai TV only.

So, we ended up in Livingstones, which was ok. The consumable food sucked, but the TV feed was good.

Maybe Corleones on Soi 8, or perhaps the Office, for the next go round?

That new place I was referring to has now opened. I think it is called the Rooftop Garden and is above the Thai House II which is above the Foodland on Suk Soi 5.

Cool Aussier owner, three big TVs and English language World Cup coverage. Open late so I am told.

OK, now down the the Indian boy's club that poses as a pub to catch the Froggie match. Hopefully back to Bangers by Friday.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Yes, the Rooftop Garden or something like that.

One of the former managers of Pretty Lady is running this new place.

1 big projection TV, and 2 42 inch plasmas. 1 pool table and bunch of big wooden chairs and tables.

Food menu from Thai House II.

Archived