The New Princess

Mekong

" and "

Do Lèse-majesté laws in other countries, apply to members of the royal family as in Thailand, or is it just the King in these countries ...

• Article 5 of the Norwegian Constitution of 1814 states that “The King’s person is sacred; he cannot be censured or accused.â€
  • Article 13 of the Danish Constitution of 1953 states that “The King shall not be answerable for his actions; his person shall be sacrosanct. …â€
  • Article 88 of the Belgian Constitution of 1970 states that “The King's person is inviolable; his ministers are responsible.â€
  • Article 56(3) of the Spanish Constitution states that “The person of the King is inviolable and is not subject to political responsibilities.â€
  • Article 4 of Luxembourg’s Constitution states that “The person of the Grand Duke is inviolable.â€

My point .... is not making fun and accusations against one's own royalty in one's home country not subject to laws.

Or has royalty in one's own country just been reduced to subject of ridicule by anyone under the guise of democracy and freedom of speech ...

" Taking the piss is written into the British constitution "

The constitutional protection for a monarch is greater than that for a president. Furthermore, democracies have laws which protect the Head of State and other institutions of the state such as the National Assembly and the Court. The United Kingdom, an archetypal model of parliamentary democracy with a Monarch as the Head of State, has both common law principles and statutory laws to protect the Monarch, the Parliament and the Court. The British monarch is protected by Section 3 of the Treason Felony Act 1848, which specifies a number of offences as treason felonies, including violation of the Queen’s honour.

Rare indeed Mr Mekong .... but on this occation you are wrong. I'm often supprised how many farang have no pride in themselves, their country of birth or their Kings and Queens ...

Treason Felony act 1848, would that be sedation act 1661 per chance, sorry stupid girl, I know my acts of parliament without having to copy and paste from uncle google (which you never credit)

Since you are an expert on Google, why not Google Section 3 and find out for self.

Capiche

• Like 1

" Taking the piss is written into the British constitution "

Yes .. stupid as I am I cannot find this in the British constitution although I Google everything as you point out. My head is not big enough to hold it all ..

" Capiche "

Capiche 1940's slang, from the Italian capisci. Yes, had an idea what it meant but sorry had to look it up on Google. This sounds like a word that a European boss might say to some poor native labourer who can't answer back, Capisci.