Interesting Ancestors

The Irish side of the clan...McDougal beat back the French invading Ireland in the 1100's or so...followed them all the

way back to France and slaughtered more of them! not content with that, they settled in France and now there are people

bearing Irish names that have lived in France for hundreds of years :dunno:

...the history told to me while I was in Sligo, Ireland.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For your edification, the vast number of early Western settlers of Australia, were prisoners of mother England or 'Poms', as Australia was a prison colony for Das Englander.

Along with the prison staff and various government types, modern Australia was born. This accounts for Australians' general disregard for concepts such as 'Class Structure' and reverence of authority, two of their more appealing characteristics.

For your edification, the vast number of early Western settlers of Australia, were prisoners of mother England or 'Poms', as Australia was a prison colony for Das Englander.

Along with the prison staff and various government types, modern Australia was born. This accounts for Australians' general disregard for concepts such as 'Class Structure' and reverence of authority, two of their more appealing characteristics.

And although we possess a healthy rivalry we are quiet fond of our frinds across the ditch :up:

" Along with the prison staff and various government types, modern Australia was born. This accounts for Australians' general disregard for concepts such as 'Class Structure' and reverence of authority, two of their more appealing characteristics."

Checking on the Australian Institute of Criminology website, I found no evidence to support Cesare Lombrosol theory of anthropological criminology. I have several Australian friends and will look more closely at their physical appearance especially cheek bones, and hair line although none appear to have a cleft pallet.

And although we possess a healthy rivalry we are quiet fond of our frinds across the ditch :up:

Ditto, I would suggest that most of us have family in both nations.

At the time of Australia's colonisation, NZ was an outlier, full of whalers and what could euphemistically be called traders and pirates.

The Bay of Islands in the north was known as the whorehouse of the South Pacific. Unfortunately, not anymore.

At the time of Australia's colonisation, NZ was an outlier, full of whalers and what could euphemistically be called traders and pirates.

At first glance your post read "full of wankers" just thought I would share my bad eyesight with you.