“The Last Time Carbon Dioxide Levels In The Atmosphere Were This High Was 3 Million Years Ago, And Sea Levels Were 20 Metres Higher Than Today.�

Coss

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Nils-Axel-Morner-wrong-about-sea-level-rise.html

Nils-Axel Mörner's claims regarding sea level rise are the very definition of denial, involving nothing more than conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated accusations of data falsification wich are easily proven untrue. The mainstream media needs to realize that Mörner is simply not a credible source of information about sea level rise or climate science in general. One individual's unsupported conspiracy theories do not trump empirical observational data.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Nils-Axel Mörner's claims regarding sea level rise are the very definition of denial, involving nothing more than conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated accusations of data falsification wich are easily proven untrue.The mainstream media needs to realize that Mörner is simply not a credible source of information about sea level rise or climate science in general. One individual's unsupported conspiracy theories do not trump empirical observational data."

It would appear to me as a layperson, that someone that has spent his life's work in the study of sea level research, would be a credible source of information. Has anyone seen ocean levels reach that of the doomsday simulated computer projections over the last century, simply the answer is no.

Many scientists around the world have measured the rise in sea levels! It is not a computer projection, but experimental evidence.

SLR_models_obs.gif

What us 'Evil Climate Change Deniers' are disputing, is not so much that the climate is changing, because it is, has always and always will, what I/we particularly dispute, is the alarmist propaganda, the exaggeration and the arrogance of the 'Saint-like Global Warming proponents' who take every observation, of the warming 'Story' and denounce with vitriol, man's existence on the planet. At the same time and often in the same breath, they similarly denounce, any observations to the contrary.

A few hundred years ago, this is what the religious narrative was around God and the Devil. Everything good was the result of God's beneficence and people flocked to be next to God (Religious Hierarchy, flocks of people being Godly), everything bad was down to the Devil and his folk (everyone not in the religious group).

The basic issues I see are that the models are often wrong and spectacularly so, so I give them a trust rating of about 50/50.

The actual records don't go back far enough, to remove the variability in the data, a lot of the projected and measured data form the past, i.e. CO2 in bubbles in the ice, may be subject to variability and certainly will have a margin of error. So I give them a trust rating of about 60/40 in their favour.

Other data is just plain misinterpreted - let's give one example: Pollen and insect fragments being found in Ice, in the Middle and North of Greenland that dates from a time when CO2 levels were much higher. This is interpreted as Ice in Greenland being absent at this time. This is then followed by 'if all the ice in Greenland melted the sea levels would rise to a catastrophic level, millions of people would be displaced and die'. OK.

1/. In order for the pollen etc to be found in Ice in the Middle and North of Greenland, there has to be Ice there when the pollen etc landed on it. Ergo the Ice was not melted and gone.

2/. No corresponding evidence of sea levels being catastrophically higher is presented.

3/. Sure. millions of people would be displaced/die if sea levels rose that much. But if people insist on living on land that is tidal and flood prone, that will happen. The best time sell coastal land is at low tide.

Seriously, the overpopulation, of places like Bangladesh, is what results in people living in marginally viable places, not Global Warming.

I'm happy to understand that the sea level is rising, we know for example that it's risen about 10m in the last 10,000 years (approximate) this is because people are excavating archaeological sites at this depth in the Mediterranean that date from this time. How? Aqualung, Jacques Cousteau.

So the current claims from the 'Saint-like Global Warming proponents' don't account for this rise, unless we allow for natural climate variability, the assertion that we're about to experience massive acceleration in any of this, is based on accurate data from only the last 100 or less years.

I am sure that Anthropogenic contributions to climate change exist, but as I've said before, they are fiddling around the edges and not the primary cause.

Remember, the human race used the think that Humans/God/the Earth, were the centre of the Universe. And a big proportion of the populace still do.

Bloody arrogant, for a bunch of bipedal apes that can't even solve problems like overpopulation.

Can you cite the original source for the statement,

Pollen and insect fragments being found in Ice, in the Middle and North of Greenland that dates from a time when CO2 levels were much higher. This is interpreted as Ice in Greenland being absent at this time.

I'm asking because this sounds more like a strawman argument.

The Greenland ice cores go back 150,000 yrs.

<< A huge area of land which was swallowed up into the North Sea thousands of years ago has been recreated and put on display by scientists.

Doggerland was an area between Northern Scotland, Denmark and the Channel Islands.

It was believed to have been home to tens of thousands of people before it disappeared underwater. >>

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-fife-18687504

Damned humans did it. :(