Refugees

Coss

I'm not casting aspersions on the motives of people who flee their country.

These two photos demonstrate to me why people are fleeing Syria.

But I do posit the question, "Will the people turn their new homelands into a likeness of their home countries?"

Refugees-in-fields-near-Tovarnik-Croatia

Debris-and-damaged-buildings-in-Aleppo

To Coss:

95% of the people will not cause any problems to their new homes. Apart from it all most Syrians have a reasonable education.

But you will also have 5% trouble makers. And that 5% is what worries me, they can hold their new host countries to hostage and turn the moods against the 95% good people as well.

I personally feel that anyone showing any sign of making any kind of trouble in their new homes should be extradited to Assad or Isis.

• Like 1

If you had said "not one Gulf country is offering any refuge" then you would probably have been correct.

Yeah - the nearby, unrich countries of Lebanon and Jordan are completely swamped, one out of every four people in Lebanon now is a Syrian refugee. Similar in the US if you had 100 million refugees arrive... Amazing Lebanon has not collapsed into civil war again...

But it's the Gulfis, the oil sheikhs and gas barons, who are doing nothing to assist. Maybe they feel generous, they send a few tons of dates for the eid holiday - but real support, and demonstrated solidarity with their Muslim brethren? Fucking nothing.