Thai Police Warns Tourists Off Thailand

radioman

" Well considering it took over 100 Police Officers from a Special Operations unit to catch 1 guy it would take at least 20,000 to find 200 "

Yes, and with an estimated 800,000 illegals including farang in Thailand, and target next year to reduce by 80% the authorities will be doing alot more to find the estimated 799,999 remaining ..

Thai's are so fucking stupid sometimes, there is no rule saying a farang must carry a passport, the farang must carry acceptable identification, for me that's always been a Thai drivers license, even domestic airlines accept it and never had a cop not accept it. A cop may decide he only believes a passport will be acceptable, but they can't charge you for not carrying your passport,

interesting it was the 808 club (though it was shut down prior for a public bj or something along those lines). have you ever been there? i was pleasantly taken aback when i went, the place is BIG and they threw a lot of money into it. standing room only on a tuesday and weds night last month even though pattaya was not that busy.

btw - i hate pattaya, it just grinds on you - but there's a place for it. did have fun at 808 when i found a spot where i could breathe and have a conversation. was surprised at the high volume of gorgeous women populating the place. the beefcake pseudo-hip-hop dudes trowling were an annoyance... but so be it.

ps. if you don't like hip hop music (i do), do not go.

The difference between police and immigration police asking for ID

In the very rare instances of the boyfriend being stopped by police in any road side spot checks during the day or night, his Thai licence has always been accepted as ID without asking for any other documentation.

The immigration police, along with local police and special operations who carry out joint raids on bars and clubs is entirely a different matter. They are raiding to determine the legal status of everyone there. So checks of this nature will be more thorougher, and immigration police will not normally be satisfied without sight of an original passport along with visa stamps, and everyone will be detained until the legal status is determined.

Thai's are so fucking stupid sometimes, there is no rule saying a farang must carry a passport, the farang must carry acceptable identification, for me that's always been a Thai drivers license, even domestic airlines accept it and never had a cop not accept it. A cop may decide he only believes a passport will be acceptable, but they can't charge you for not carrying your passport,

What you said :beer:

Have a photo of passport on my phone.

Great idea.

interesting it was the 808 club (though it was shut down prior for a public bj or something along those lines). have you ever been there? i was pleasantly taken aback when i went, the place is BIG and they threw a lot of money into it. standing room only on a tuesday and weds night last month even though pattaya was not that busy.

btw - i hate pattaya, it just grinds on you - but there's a place for it. did have fun at 808 when i found a spot where i could breathe and have a conversation. was surprised at the high volume of gorgeous women populating the place. the beefcake pseudo-hip-hop dudes trowling were an annoyance... but so be it.

ps. if you don't like hip hop music (i do), do not go.

Don't like hip hop music - IMHO - it's not music, it's beat poetry, it's performance art, its unintelligible mutterings by uneducated youth, but it's not music, music by definition has a melody.

Don't like hip hop - never have never will.