Drunk Drivers

Hmm, okay, the last statement is very clear. It's a shame that's not what you wrote in the first post. I don't think too many people would disagree that a properly levied fine where appropriate should indeed ignore nationality, race, status etc.

When you wrote "Police wanted..." it immediately ,to my mind, and no doubt some others suggested a bribe. The fact that it appeared negotiable also indicates a bribe, fines rarely are.

Radioman, look at what she wrote, clearly a brine, fines are NOT negotiable.

<< Police wanted 20,000 baht .... He insisted . . . . only had 2,500 baht. I believe he was released after a very long night after paying this amount...>>

And later

<< Sorry to those that cannot understand this simple statement, and read into it something else .>>

Clearly NOT a bribe, why "man in dress" wants to pretend otherwise?

When you wrote "Police wanted..." it immediately ,to my mind, and no doubt some others suggested a bribe..."

Dictionary entry overview: What does wanted mean?

• WANTED (adjective)

desired or wished for or sought

Thanks, I will get this checked with a farang friend, who has a Masters degree in the English language, why " police wanted " in anyway suggests a bribe ..

" The fact that it appeard negotiable also indicates a bribe, fines rarely are "

I know of instances, where fines, which board members always refer to as bribes have been reduced. Board members would refer to this negotiable, when police have established the inability to pay the full fine after hours in a cell. As was the farang who paid only 2,500 baht for drink driving. Simply if you have a stamped receipt for your payment it is not a bribe ...

" Male or Female......you are such a knob :shakehead "

So when did you last bribe police in the last 12 months ?

I think not, you have been on Thai/forums too long, or perhaps, your worldly experience is greater than mine in your dealings with police. Whilst I totally accept there are still a small number that may take a bribe. Most are honest and fair, and no different from police in other countries, some good some not.

Have you ever been stopped at a police check point for instance. ? Maybe a small misdemeanor like no crash helmet for an example or something else, there is never any question of bribes, and fines are on the spot with official receipt.

But I'm sure you know different as a farang and a professional critic of Thailand and it's people ..

Yes perhaps my 'worldly" experiences are greater than yours which is why you come across as a complete KNOB.

Your idea that it's a small number is laughable.

Stopped by police many times. 2 red notes always does the trick. Given the choice between a receipted fine or a quick fix (bribe)

Have also be stopped at check points, removed from vehicle and had it thoroughly searched. So not sure what your point is apart from the fact you are a KNOB

In Nong Khai, on the way to Udon Thani, they have a checkpoint set up and stop the cars with Lao Number plates, who over for a day's shopping, to extract a "fine for speeding" where there is no radar, no check no nothing.

It's known as the Lao shopping tax. I got off it once by denying that I'd been speeding, adamant I was, they couldn't prove that I had been, and let me go they did. I've paid many other times though.