Drunk Drivers

" Stopped by police many times. 2 red notes always does the trick. Given the choice between a receipted fine or a quick fix (bribe)."

In my eyes the person giving a bribe is as bad as the person receiving it, don't you undestand it is your actions and boasting about it on forums that encourage others to do the same ...

And there lies the problem 'in your eyes" For you to even suggest I have an influence on what the majority do anyway is another example of what a complete KNOB you are.

Farangs are the root cause of all evil in LOS.

* For Knobs, this response contains 1/ Sarcasm 2/ Cynicism 3/ A deep, well founded, disregard for the intellect of those less well educated and subsumed into 'popular culture'.

• Like 2

" I don't know what the "real" fine and/or other penalties apply for drink driving."

The penalty for having more than 50 mg/dl can be up to three months in jail or a fine of not more than 60,000 baht, or both a fine and jail. 2,500 baht was rediculously low, you think 20,000 baht too high I think very reasonable ? Try 40,000 to 60,000 baht nearer the mark. I think most supporters of upholding the law on drunks driving, which can kill innocent people would agree that fines in this region, should be applied without exeception, along with confiscation of licence. Had I been the police the drunk driver (which happend to be farang) but anyone with only 2,500 would have been jailed for three months

It seems you've missed the point again. Comparing a 2,500 bribe with a possible 60,000 and/or jail time fine is not on. The 20,000 was not reasonable either, it was a BRIBE. That the police should have offered or suggested or been open to such a price is reprehensible. A proper adjudication and a FINE are the only reasonable outcomes. Now keeping someone locked up, inconveniencing them, almost twisting their arm into going the BRIBE route is also wrong. Due process needs to be fair and appropriate. No I don't think 2,500 was right, and not because it was too low, it was wrong because it was a BRIBE and not a FINE.

You suggest some partial knowledge to happenings in the UK. I wonder what you think it might take for a driver facing prosecution for such a transgression to BRIBE a police officer, or indeed how often they might be offered such a "solution".

• Like 1