Jimmy Kimmel On Passenger Dragged Off United Flight

Flashermac

What did he really do before the flight? And if those were "transit police", they acted more like brownshirt thugs. They don't even look like police. Several former US policemen have told me that behaviour was totally over the top. They treated him like a dangerous felon, when all he wanted to do was keep the seat he'd paid for. Any real cop would be suspended immediately and brought up on charges. Even their "uniforms" are mickey mouse. Rent-a-cop is the first thing that came to my mind, untrained men with dubious legal authority.

post-98-0-97444600-1492481797_thumb.jpg

There must be a lot of Dr. David Dao's in the Louisville area. It sounds like the CEO of United is making the case for Dao's lawyers, saying that the incident is a "watershed moment for United." I tend to agree with Mike Rowe's comments about an increase in the number of unruly passengers because they no longer feel that they have to follow airline's rules. But I don't fly much, so it doesn't bother me.

My understanding (and experience) is that when you get bumped off a flight, they get you onto the next available flight, which is probably going to be an hour or a few hours later. I'm always happy to go sit at another gate for 2 hours for $800, and I don't really get why someone would risk a showdown with burly Chicago cops over this.

I'm not saying the guy was wrong, but I don't get why he chose to escalate it like this.

I remember when I was checking in on a flight in St. Louis once, they asked me at the desk if I'd be willing to get bumped for a certain price. They probably should do this standardly, cuz things surely will go more smoothly if they have volunteers ready to go. And maybe loosen up those rules about the maximum amount they can pay. Or they can go the other route and have lots more situations like this one.

To me it seems like someone dropped the ball in planning, if they need to send a 4 person crew so urgently to Kentucky with no advance warning.

I'm surprised there's nothing about that other airliner video, of the woman getting booted off a flight for having a stroller on board.

In that one, the airline staff guy was out of control. It was a heated situation on both sides.

https://www.youtube....h?v=MJWcLxfphqs

It's not on the video. If the guy deliberately hit the lady, or was so mad that he grabbed the stroller and bashed her by accident because he wasn't careful (because he was angry) then of course that's his fault.

But I have been on flights too where I've been walking really slowly down the walkway into the plane because I'm following a couple who are taking 3 carry-on bags apiece (against the rules) with some of them larger than allowed, and they know full well that they're selfishly flouting the rules and inconveniencing the rest of us with it. Because when we get on, then we will all be stuck behind them waiting for them to jam all these bags into overhead compartments, hogging the space and forcing people sitting near them to go to other places than where they're sitting to put their bags in the overhead bins. Such a cynical me-first fuck-everyone attitude, makes me wanna hit them.

I'm not sure what the rules are about strollers, but I have a feeling this lady was told not to bring the stroller on board and she went and did it anyway. It's easy for me to picture this guy outside, before boarding telling this lady "Ma'am, do NOT board the plane with the stroller. If you do, I will be forced to remove you from the flight." And she then went and defied him. Maybe that's not how it went down, but it's very easy to picture. Some people just seem to just act so deviously when it comes to flying.

I'm surprised there's nothing about that other airliner video, of the woman getting booted off a flight for having a stroller on board.

As so they farken' should have.

Personally I would love to see on board luggage reduced to 1 item only. If you haven't enough room to store it in the allocated space for your seat check it in.

One of my pet hates :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

• Like 1

As so they farken' should have.

Personally I would love to see on board luggage reduced to 1 item only. If you haven't enough room to store it in the allocated space for your seat check it in.

One of my pet hates

Yeah there was a glaring example of it on my last long flight last year (between Shanghai and NYC), and I think if I spotted it again -- I mean it was way beyond control -- a married couple just so overloaded with bags boarding the flight it was ridiculous -- I'd loudly make a point of asking staff to deal with them. And maybe confront them myself. Not that it matters, but it was a white western couple. I don't care what the nationality or race (or gender) is, being a dick is being a dick.

• Like 1

Yeah there was a glaring example of it on my last long flight last year (between Shanghai and NYC), and I think if I spotted it again -- I mean it was way beyond control -- a married couple just so overloaded with bags boarding the flight it was ridiculous -- I'd loudly make a point of asking staff to deal with them. And maybe confront them myself. Not that it matters, but it was a white western couple. I don't care what the nationality or race (or gender) is, being a dick is being a dick.

If it bothers you that much why just fly Biz Class?

Jokin' aside that used to really wind me up so I chose to put myself into Biz Class to stop me being arrested for air rage