Spannish / Indian restaurant recommendation

Stickman

Can anyone recommend to me a good Spannish restaurant and also a good Indian restuarant. Something nice, but not something over the top expensive. I.e. I would hope to escape with a bill of around 1,000 baht for two.

I know of plenty of Indian restaurants around but am simply not sure which ones are good. As far as Spannish restaurants go, I don't even know one - so any help much appreciated.

Stick

Guest lazyphil

Want to show off exotic cuisine to your GTG, but on the cheap, so you will end up paying for it after all, but not as much as a Nana girl!!

Stick,

Indian

$$$ Rangmahal at the Rembrandt Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 18/20

$$$ Tandoor at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza on Silom

$ Best Value - Maharaja's on Sukhumvit Soi 8. You will leave full and still have change from your 1,000 baht bill.

Spanish from http://www.tryitasia.com

Cafe Bongo (Average price 400 Baht per person)

44 Convent Rd., Silom Rd. ,

Ole Ole (Average price 300 Baht per person)

365/11 Soi Prayanak ,

Phaya Thai Rd. - Victory Monument

Gold Teak (Average price 600 Baht per person)

Sol Twin Towers Hotel, 88 New Rama 6 Rd. ,

Siam Square - MBK

Vino's

66/1 Lard Prao Soi 71 ,

Lad Phrao - Bangkapi

Pedro's

Sukhumvit 22 ,

Rioja (Average price 650 Baht per person)

91 Sukhumvit Soi 24

I forget the name, but if you head up soi 11 off of Sukhumvit, and turn left at the first possibility, headed to cheap charlies, Sabai sabai Suk 11 etc... right smack in front of you is a decent place as I recall, ate there last year, thought it was o.k. and not to terrible on price. The girl I was with hated it of course, but it wasn't bad quality. I think the bill was way less than 800bht. It is a bit hazy, sorry.

"Indian

$$$ Rangmahal at the Rembrandt Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 18/20"

Yes, I'd like to second Pom Michael's pick. I've been there a couple times for their weekend Indian buffet, and it was quite good. A little expensive and a little crowded, but it is pretty and tasty and wholesome. Hours are limited. Sorry I don't know them.

Other good Indian places are:

Indian Hut (Suriwong Road, at the river end)

Pasand (above the minimart at the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 12)

• 2 weeks later...

Stick,I was doing a google search for Bangkok brew houses and I came accross a listing for Latin Restaurants, some with entertainment.La Nina @ Royale Meridian Hotel, ChitlomLA Havana > Suk22 opposite Wsah. Sq.Que Pasa > Silom 4 near Saladaeng BTS.Salsc Club @ Princess Hotel, MBK CenterHas any one been to the Brewhaus across from Phatphongon Silom Rd.? PR

Archived