2022 World Cup Qatar

Mekong

I remember when World Cups were special, something to look forward too every four years but now they are just becoming tainted.

It should never have been awarded to Qatar for many reasons including

• Corruption (Netflix excellent Documentary “FIFA Uncovered tells the story)
  • Human Rights Abuse Issues
  • Deaths of migrant workers building stadia
  • Costs (Accommodation, Food and Beverage etc)
  • Weather, World Cup being held in Winter for first time because too hot in Summer, necessitating suspension of all domestic leagues
  • Lack of Football Heritage 
  • LGBTQ+ Issues (Strange one LGBTQ+ People tend not to follow Football)

I have memories of previous World Cups but getting less and less memorable by each passing tournament. Whether this is because, apart from Cup Competitions, World Cup was only live Football shown on TV up until 1992 whereas nowadays I can watch every EPL game love on TV here in Thailand, or I am just getting an old grumpy bastard, probably a bit of both. But memories include

• 1966 England, England won, I was only 2 years old at the time but today less than 25% of Brits who were alive then are still alive now
  • 1970 Mexico My Father got our first Colour TV especially for the tournament, watching Football with breakfast before heading off to school
  • 1974 West Germany. I was playing Football by know and understood it better, the West Germany v Netherlands final was a classic
  • 1978 Argentina, Should not have been held under Pinochet’s Fascist Regime, echoes of Berlin 1936 Olympics but made up for by Ossi Ardilies, Mario Campes and Ricky Villa
  • 1982 Spain, I was 18 could watch the games “Down the Pub” memories are an alcohol fueled haze
  • 1986 Mexico Maradona’s “Hand of God” goal, unfortunately overshadowed his other which IMHO was one of the best ever scored at a tournament 
  • 1990 Italy I was 1300kM away across the Mediterranean in Libya, built myself a “Mega Antenna” and amplifier to get the TV signal from Italy, my apartment was packed every game since I had the best picture in our part of the desert
  • 1994 USA like WTF a bit like Qatar no Football Heritage in USA, interest was waiting 
  • 1998 France By this time I was living in Thailand, Football was way down my list of interests
  • 2002 Japan / S.Korea I was in a Thai Centric MSN Group athletic time and a Dozen of us took over poolside rooms at a Pattaya hotel, I think it was Stable Lodge, for the duration of the tournament, sun, sex, beer and football for a month 
  • 2006 Germany No specific memories 
  • 2010 South Africa, Unmatchable because of those fucking Vuvuzelas, memorable for the fact Spain won and I was working / living in Madrid close to Santiago Bernabeu Stadium where thy had the homecoming parade and party.
  • 2014 Brazil only real memory is Germany stuffing Brazil 7-1
  • 2018 Russia No Interest see corruption

I just can’t wait for it to be over and the domestic leagues and European competitions can start again.

In my mind Qatar 2022 is not a real World Cup

Until this Soccer thing, I was unaware that QATAR was anything other than a relatively anonymous bunch of Oil Sheiks.

Now as media coverage has unfolded, I see they are  a nasty bunch of Oil Sheiks.

Or as someone here once said of Arabs - general - "Savages with money".

As I said previous the Gay / LBGTQABC+ thing is just the Rainbow flag wavers complaining for complaining sake I.e. Typical Woke.

Even though Globally LBGTQ+ is approx 10%, the majority of those are Bisexual, Pansexual, Asexual etc and only 2.5 are Lesbian / Gay / Homosexual. Furthermore only approx 30% of LBGTQ+ wannabes actually watch Football so we are bowing down to less than 1% of society 

I am fucking sick of society pandering and bending over backwards and pandering to LBBTQ+ community

Alcoholic beer will not be sold at Qatar's World Cup stadiums, a last-minute reversal which raised questions about the host country's ability to deliver on promises to fans

LINK

"Well, this is awkward..." read a post on Budweiser's official Twitter account. The comment, subsequently deleted, was broadcast as a screengrab by the BBC.

Budweiser has been a World Cup sponsor since 1985, the year before the event was held in Mexico. For 2022, it has launched its biggest ever campaign, with activities for Budweiser and other brands in more than 70 markets and at 1.2 million bars, restaurants and retail outlets.

The World Cup typically boosts beer consumption and the Belgium-based maker of brands such as Stella Artois and Corona clearly want to profit from the millions of dollars it pays to be a sponsor.

In 2014 FIFA forced the Brazilian FA to Allow  alcohol sales at stadia so why not Qatar.

Obviously Qatar have FIFA over a barrel knowing to whom and how much all the bribes were were paid to allow this circus to even happen, and I Net FIFA won’t sue Qatar for the inevitable claim for compensation from Budweiser.

If the Qataris are allowed to change this promise made to the world at the last minute.

Promises already broken include the bid stated 12 Stadiums but there are only 8. The bid stayed “Carbon Neutral” stadium, sod that easier to burn gas they have loads of it. These are just a couple that spring to mind. Fucking Farce