What to you dislike the most thread

khunsanuk

SanukBoot

Khun Sanuk,

Thanks for the information, wasn't really expecting this type of info back...IMHO, It says a lot about a person/people you are dealing with if you give criticism and they respond in such a manner vs "what the hell do you know....."

Cheers

Sanukboot.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I dislike is the "bargirls are just whores" attitude that some posters display. Although they are right, it presumes that a whore is someone who is sub-human and it is alright to treat them that way. A little bit odd to be so disrespectful of those girls, when you consider the fact that these are the same guys who fly around half the world to purchase their services!

Cheers,

soongmak

[color:blue]detailed sexual exploitscolor=blue>

This has been raised by several posters, it's hard to keep track of who. I've read the rationales and don't understand this complaint.

The sexually graphic trip reports are usually easily identified and it is easy enough to stop reading them. The poorly written ones are even easier to identify and avoid if that is your goal. Do you object to their existence? That they demean women somehow and that other people should not have access to them? The fact is that they are very popular and a thread such as [color:red]My sex experience with Thai woman in Canadacolor=red> gets a lot more hits than [color:red]HIV charities in LOS?color=red>, despite the obvious disparity in socially redeeming qualities. I've long since let my subscription to Penthouse lapse, but I wouldn't try to tell younger people than myself that they shouldn't bother with their boring letters, let alone tell Penthouse they should stop printing them.

I can understand that some people find these boring and repetitive. Few old hands will find anything new in these reports, but they should hold their judgements and not deprive others of this exploration. And many of us who have been to Thailand many times still do find some graphic reports interesting, not just for the voyeurism, but because they are just fun stories and give hints of new possibilities (e.g. Ranger's diddlin' reports). Not to mention that some explicit detail is required for many to understand how these strange new worlds operate (e.g. BJ bars, "Diddlin'" bars, for which they have no real experience).

Also, many of the reports can be educational for the poster and the readers in unexpected ways. Take for example mpellet and jpellet's adventures. It was explicit at times and can hardly be considered a literary masterpiece, but a lot of us found it interesting.

If nothing else, it gives us insight into how other men treat (or mistreat) women and gives us a platform on which to discuss that.

We can ask that such graphic details be put in the proper location, whether it be the Trip Report or Nightlife sections. But I don't think it's fair or wise to discourage these reports. I personally value all the honest reports that people put up, no matter how explicit or poorly written; it's not often we get such a clear insight into other people's thoughts and attitudes. I can pick and choose the ones that interest me (or the ones that I detest, which are even more valuable).

This has been raised by several posters, it's hard to keep track of who. I've read the rationales and don't understand this complaint.

The sexually graphic trip reports are usually easily identified and it is easy enough to stop reading them. The poorly written ones are even easier to identify and avoid if that is your goal. Do you object to their existence? That they demean women somehow and that other people should not have access to them? The fact is that they are very popular and a thread such as My sex experience with Thai woman in Canada gets a lot more hits than HIV charities in LOS?, despite the obvious disparity in socially redeeming qualities. I've long since let my subscription to Penthouse lapse, but I wouldn't try to tell younger people than myself that they shouldn't bother with their boring letters, let alone tell Penthouse they should stop printing them.

[color:purple] So is this what you don't like about nanaplaza.com? You are not very clear. It appears you are trying to justify the writing of sexually graphic trip reports or letting people know your opinion of them. The thread is about what people don't like about the forum. I don't really think that people are looking for an explanation or rationale about sexually graphic trip reports. I am sure we are all aware that these type of stories are a natural part of this site. No one in this thread is discouraging people from writing how they please. These are just peoples opinions FD. I only point this out to you because you have demonstrated in other threads your desire for people to post according to the topic of the thread.

So, tell us what don't you like about Nanaplaza.com? color=purple>

Archived