Aussie Coss......sweet!!!!

bust

20 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

And, to join up we don't even need a referendum, it's in our constitution that we can rejoin as one

New Zealand was actually part of the New South Wales Colony for over 50 years and correct it is I think in both constitutions but I may be wrong.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:49 PM, Coss said:

I've always thought that it would be sensible to combine the two countries.

However I'm not sure we'd convince  enough people over here, to make it work properly.

It will never happen, primarily because the indigenous people would be very much against it.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Stickman said:

It will never happen, primarily because the indigenous people would be very much against it.

Who's indigenous people?

I always believed the indigenous people of New Zealand reconciled long ago and all parties were quiet agrreable with what took place.

Here in Australia it's a completely different story.

12 hours ago, bust said:

Who's indigenous people?

I always believed the indigenous people of New Zealand reconciled long ago and all parties were quiet agrreable with what took place.

Here in Australia it's a completely different story.

Maoris, the indigenous people of New Zealand, would NEVER be ok with New Zealand becoming a part of Australia.

As for Maoris being quite agreeable with "what took place", nah, that's not the case at all. I would suggest race relations (between Maori and the rest) is one of the major issues New Zealand faces at this time.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Can't imagine many Aussies would be up for that!

In all honesty I don't have any issues with the majority of Kiwis. Similar to us Aussies in so many ways.

But the term "Aussies" is very different to what it used to be. What I have found lately is a level of racism beyond what I remember growing up. Australia used to be a very tolerant country to foreigners. Sure there was that pocket of society who felt threatened by anything different but all in all it worked. There was a great film called They're a Weird Mob

That was kind of how it was growing up. Now I find as a white Anglo Saxon Australian I am a minority. I recently had a guy at work complaining about his kids new school being full of Asians and Indians. Oddly he migrated here not too long ago.

Personally doesn't really bother me.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, Mekong said:

Wouldn’t that increase the average IQ of Australia but decrease New Zealand? 🤭

I think the line is - when a kiwi immigrates to Australia the average IQ gets raised in both countries... ie although the immigrant may be of lower IQ in NZland, (by leaving they are raising the average IQ) they are still of higher IQ than the average Aussie - hence raising the average over here... quite a clever gag... coming from an Aussie