Cement truck ignores warning and crashes into canal after wooden bridge collapse

Coss

A cement truck plunged into a canal after its driver ignored warnings and drove onto a wooden bridge, causing it to collapse. The 55 year old driver, from Amnat Charoen, revealed that he thought the bridge was supported by concrete pillars, and thus decided to cross it. The incident occurred at 12.30pm today.

The 10-wheel truck, registered in Samut Prakan, was found submerged in the Ladnam Chiao Canal, with liquid cement filling up the vehicle. The wooden bridge, located near the scene, was destroyed...

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/cement-truck-ignores-warning-and-crashes-into-canal-after-wooden-bridge-collapse

...14 small frogs and 6 carp were found, to have not been crushed by the truck falling into in the Ladnam Chiao Canal, prompting a wave of lottery ticket purchases in the area...

Quick what’s the plate number, this weeks winning lottery ticket.

I thought cement vehicles were filled before they left the cement batching facility and weren’t filled in rivers. Surely the article should have said the vehicles cab was being filled with liquid cement 

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Ok your pedantic self is beyond me what's the difference? 

A Vehicle is a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land.

The Concrete (not Cement), being transported is ALREADY in the vehicle, specifically the “Mixer Tank” you know that part that spins around slowly on the rear of the vehicle.

So the Vehicle did not “Fill with Cement (Concrete actually) but the Cab / Cabin was filed with Concrete transferred from the Mixed Drum. If the Vehicle fell into a river I would expect the infilled parts of it, including the Cabin, to fill with water unless the actual river was a river of concrete 

555. Further, for additional pedant amusee´  the article describes the "liquid cement" being in the act of filling up the vehicle.

vis:

"was found submerged in the Ladnam Chiao Canal, with liquid cement filling up the vehicle."

As previously stated

4 hours ago, Coss said:

"was found submerged in the Ladnam Chiao Canal, with liquid cement filling up the vehicle."

10 hours ago, Mekong said:

So the Vehicle did not “Fill with Cement (Concrete actually) but the Cab / Cabin was filed with Concrete transferred from the Mixed Drum. If the Vehicle fell into a river I would expect the infilled parts of it, including the Cabin, to fill with water unless the actual river was a river of concrete 

If you’ve ever wondered, “What is the difference between concrete and cement?” you’re in luck.

The terms concrete and cement are often used interchangeably. But the truth is, they are not the same. In fact, that “cement” truck many of us refer to on a job site is actually a misnomer—it is really a “concrete” truck.

Concrete

Honestly the reporters for Thaiger News are pretty amateurish, most of the articles they post are full of holes 

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Honestly the reporters for Thaiger News are pretty amateurish, most of the articles they post are full of holes 

or cement...

hang on

post     hole    cement   

are we building a fence?