Thai Foreign Minister donates 3 million baht to UN for Palestine refugees

Coss

In a compassionate gesture, Panpri Phahitthanukon, Thailand’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, acted as a representative of his nation on November 3, in donating 3 million baht (US$84,451) to the United Nations (UN) to provide aid to Palestine refugees. This generous contribution is aimed at offering support during a tumultuous time in the Gaza Strip and expresses Thailand’s condolences for those who have lost their lives while on duty.

The donation’s primary objective is to alleviate the hardships faced by the citizens of Gaza, who are grappling with severe shortages of essential provisions, including food, medical supplies, energy sources, and shelter, amidst the ongoing conflict in the region...

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-foreign-minister-donates-3-million-baht-to-un-for-palestine-refugees

That'll solve the problem, and enough left over for some Som Tam and a beer...

So he didn’t make the donation then, the government did in which pass a mere pittance.

When, say, New Zealand makes Foreign Aid donations how does the NZ Herald report it,  New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs makes donation or Nanaia Mahuta donates money? I assume it is not the later.

Terrible Headline from Thaiger News (No surprise there) making out that an individual is “Mr Jai Dee” whereas in fact he just signed off on transferring Thai taxpayers money.

Way past 50 you handsome man

you can get it under a few circumstances it seems

67 is the current age which I am a few years away from

Wife was pissed though, as she also gets a pensioner card as she is my spouse, 

It arrived on her birthday so she thought a cruel joke of mine, 

But it gives us both 2 free train trips in oz per year,  

We shall go to Mt Isa and back by train for a holiday, about 4-5 days worth of travel