Old Board members…whatever happened to..?

8 hours ago, drogon said:

Worldfun: went out a few times with him

Did you know Worldfun was in Spain around the same time you and I were? I had a fun night out in Madrid with him.

I had met him on numerous previous occasions in Bangkok

On 4/6/2024 at 7:54 AM, drogon said:

Went to a board meeting once where I met Khunsanuk and several others but I do remember that, afterwards, every time I met a board member something major happened in my life.

Khunsanuk: met him to discuss getting a web banner done.

Flashermac: Met him once too at the no name bar (when it was still on Sukhumvit), met the prettiest and sweetest lady but I was too much of a coward to follow-up properly...

Stickman: met him and hired him when he was playing private detective

Dumsoda: travelled once up to Surin to meet him -> thanks to him I met up with a lady with whom I kept contact with while she was in Sweden....till the husband called me asking me who the hell I was...(did not know she had a husband but I was young and foolish)

Worldfun: went out a few times with him (and I helped him discover the world of Japanese ktv lounges), for my part the result was (once again) meeting a young lady whose boyfriend later called me on my professional phone while I was back in my office in Spain....(again, I was not aware there was a boyfriend who had promised to marry her), this taught me that (real) Thai college students can be as tricky as bargirls....

I do believe that is all (as I am very bad with names), I met a few other board members but can't remember their names (if they ever told me theirs).

I recall meeting you, I believe it was at Gullivers..? I seem to recall at one point you were considering a move the Silicon Valley but turned it down as you’d have starved on the wages offered… Did you open a burger place on or near Soi 22? Or am I confusing you with another? Belgian Dog or something..?

Is DDave still around? Tried contacting him last time I was in town but without success.

Last time I saw him he was doing some work for another board member who's name escapes me.

5 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

I recall meeting you, I believe it was at Gullivers..? I seem to recall at one point you were considering a move the Silicon Valley but turned it down as you’d have starved on the wages offered… Did you open a burger place on or near Soi 22? Or am I confusing you with another? Belgian Dog or something..?

No, you are indeed right, your memory is incredible.

I did open a small bar-burger joint on soi 22 but then I had enough turnover to break even but that was all, so I sold the place and went back to work in IT in Spain in 2007.

On 4/7/2024 at 1:32 AM, Mekong said:

Did you know Worldfun was in Spain around the same time you and I were? I had a fun night out in Madrid with him.

I had met him on numerous previous occasions in Bangkok

I did not know -> my mobile phone got lost and my computer got some water....hence no more emails from worldfun, really unfortunate I was not aware he had moved to Spain.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2024 at 1:37 AM, bust said:

Is DDave still around? Tried contacting him last time I was in town but without success.

Last time I saw him he was doing some work for another board member who's name escapes me.

Yes DDDave is alive and well and living in the Jomtien area.