Old Board members…whatever happened to..?

3 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

had a lot of great times with Nervous Dog aka My Penis is hungry, great guy, too bad he stopped posting here…wonder why?

Had a bust up with board admin over something trivial, another Mountain out of a Mole Hill moment fro ND hehe.

He is now having a hissy fit saying “I won’t come back until they apologise” like how can they apologise if they think you are not here 

" Rusty on the piss in LOS " , unforgettable. World cultural heritage. Fortunately I copied several posts which are now 20 years old or maybe more, the one some bloke from Norway talking about his failed marriage up North still makes me almost unconscious with laughter whenever I read it again. " Man from Greenland " another gem, does anybody remember?

6 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

" Man from Greenland " another gem, does anybody remember?

A few days back Old Hippie was talking about KSR crusties and his dislike for such, and I posted a link to an old thread of a mate of mines “KSR World Records”

Now it just so happens that Rick was also responsible for the Classic “Man in Greenland”  This is my copy from the original forum he posted it on

The actual events took place in Pattaya in 1999, if you story is a funny read, then try being one of the guys who was sat with him when this shit went down, Rick was a classic piss taker but this one took the biscuit and how I kept a straight face is beyond me to this very day.

Hi All, I was vaguely following the post on ?The Worst Ambassadors?, which are the worst nationalities in LOS and so on. I have a solution to this , and am looking for for new recruits to my team. While on Pattaya I decided to avoid the bargirl prejudices on certain nationalities, eg ` Man from Germany, he broke my heart, I no like man Germany any more`, or ? Man Italy he boom boom too long, I no like man Italy? etc . I achieved this by declaring myself as the `Man from Greenland `.

`Hello where you from ? `

`I am from Greenland`

`Oh, Greenland man very goo... Greenland !! . Where Greenland, I no hear before `

Bingo. Now instead of reurgitating their own experiences with men of different nationalities they had experienced, I was instead asked where the hell Greenland was, and pretty soon I was drawing a map of Greenland for several bargirls showing them this new exciting country. By the time I had left, I had sold Greenland as a new home of exciting falangs who treat their women with the utmost respect and have good hearts. What I am looking for now is more sanukers who want to abandon their nationalities for a night or two, and adopt Greenland as their new country of origin.

Together, let?s create a strong brand name, Greenland, as a place where nice men roam. A place that bargirls can hold close to their hearts as a nationality of good quality sanukers. I have already laid the groundwork in Cat?s a gogo and Classroom a gogo in Pattaya, , let?s have more honourary Greenlanders who behave themselves well, and pretty soon the brand name can be adopted by anyone , as a guarantee to a bargirl the the ? Man from Greenland, he good heart ?. RIC

A few awkward questions that a man from Greenland may have to face:

Question : `Why no man Greenland come Thailand before ? `

Appropriate lie : `Only this year can man Greenland leave country , same same man Lao and Cambodia. `

Question : `Why you speak good English ? `

Apropriate lie : `Greenland very close to Amerigah , Canadah, Engerland etc .If she detects your accent, simply say you studied at university in the country you are actually from.

Question ;: `What job you do Greenland ? `

Appropriate lie : `I am fisherman `

Question : `Why you no buy cola for me ? `

Appropriate lie : `There is not much fucking money to be made catching sodding fish now is there. `

WRONG !!!!!

Man Greenland good heart,remember that . Buy the lady a drink.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mekong said:

Had a bust up with board admin over something trivial, another Mountain out of a Mole Hill moment fro ND hehe.

He is now having a hissy fit saying “I won’t come back until they apologise” like how can they apologise if they think you are not here 

Perhaps we could apologize for the Admin? It would be symbolic and the admin would have to play along or risk more of us leaving? Either way, we should negotiate the apology…

The only members I did ever physically meet were the Stickman and Khunsanuk. Although there were quite a few during a dinner at the place in Soi 5 and the serverparty, can´t remember who was present. The reason why these old style forums were a real treasure is that nowadays on Facebook etc anybody can post any shite he thinks is important, there is no resposibility like on a somewhat closed community. Therefore I am grateful to have been able to participate, just thinking how much time I spent here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to a board meeting once where I met Khunsanuk and several others but I do remember that, afterwards, every time I met a board member something major happened in my life.

Khunsanuk: met him to discuss getting a web banner done.

Flashermac: Met him once too at the no name bar (when it was still on Sukhumvit), met the prettiest and sweetest lady but I was too much of a coward to follow-up properly...

Stickman: met him and hired him when he was playing private detective

Dumsoda: travelled once up to Surin to meet him -> thanks to him I met up with a lady with whom I kept contact with while she was in Sweden....till the husband called me asking me who the hell I was...(did not know she had a husband but I was young and foolish)

Worldfun: went out a few times with him (and I helped him discover the world of Japanese ktv lounges), for my part the result was (once again) meeting a young lady whose boyfriend later called me on my professional phone while I was back in my office in Spain....(again, I was not aware there was a boyfriend who had promised to marry her), this taught me that (real) Thai college students can be as tricky as bargirls....

I do believe that is all (as I am very bad with names), I met a few other board members but can't remember their names (if they ever told me theirs).