woraburi inn

Big Kev

Anybody stayed at this place? Way down at end of Soi 4.

A recent thread was bad-mouthing the Sawasdee chain, which this is a part of. But I took a look at it today and am considering it for final couple of days of my trip when I pass back through BKK. Looks to be fairly new and definitely seemed guest friendly. In fact, when I was there around noon, it looked sort of like locale for a Thai girl slumber party, with literally dozens of cute, youngish BGs running around giggling in halls, elevators, lobbies. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Would appreciate input from anyone with first hand experience.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Kev,

I stayed there for one night, but it's about 7-8 months ago. The rooms are ok, and is good value for money. I think I paid around 400 baht for a decent room. As far as I recall they offer monthly and weekly rates as well.

Best regards,

Danish30

If it's part of the Sawasdee Group I can't find it on their website www.sawasdee-hotels.com

Perhaps they acquired it recently ?

According to a German website:

"Superior rooms 22 sqm Deluxe 28 sqm Junior Suites 35 sqm Suites 40 sqm

All rooms have air conditioning system, television, mini bar, telephone, luggage file and a large cabinet. The Superior rooms have shower no bathtub. "

What's the current price for daily / monthly ?

you wrote:..>If it's part of the Sawasdee Group I can't find it on their website www.sawasdee-hotels.com <

***Not part of Sawasdee group; independent I believe. They do not have a website, but can be contacted at woraburi@yahoo.com and I received a promptly reply. Can also be FAX'ed at 02-656-7027

>"Superior rooms 22 sqm Deluxe 28 sqm Junior Suites 35 >sqm Suites 40 sqm. All rooms have air conditioning system, >television, mini bar, telephone, luggage file and a large >cabinet. The Superior rooms have shower no bathtub. "

>What's the current price for daily / monthly ?

***I was just quoted 675B for Superior and 765B for Deluxe. I didn't inquire about rates for longer term stays, although I know they offer them. Though I haven't stayed there yet, I 've seen that the rooms on the lower floors (tile floor, no carrpeting) and they have windows that look into a parking garage...and suspect that getting a room on an upper floor will provide better scenery. Woriburi is about 5-600 meters down Soi-4 from NEP

The 400B rate that 'Danish30' quoted was probably around Oct. last year, when the Woraburi was remodeling and was offering some great introductory rates.

'rookie'

7-8 months ago? It only opened in March!

It's new, so it's clean and all the furnishings are modern. The rates have gone up a bit since the opening - there are about five types of rooms, ranging from 670-1200 Baht.

Noisy construction work was going on at the nearby Nanatai mansions, so I strolled over and stayed in a 765 Baht room.

It's fine - a little bit cheaper than Nanatai, but the rooms are smaller and they haven't got as many TV channels.

My main gripe with it would be the outstandingly stingey way in which they demand payment. Even after you've stayed there a few weeks, they really chase it if you've got so much as a day or two outstanding. I tend to sleep in, yet I'd be awoken a couple of times a day by the receptionist asking for it (oo-er!). And after making a phone call for me, the receptionist demanded the 10 baht fee straight away! I thought she was joking but, astonishingly, she wasn't.

The staff were nice enough though - they told me they were forced to chase me by the management and to put it in perspective, I thought it was a good choice on the whole and stayed there for a few weeks.

What are the other gripes about them? I noticed they've got a few hotels near the Grand Palace.

>7-8 months ago? It only opened in March!

If we are talking on the same Woraburi Inn, the one on 128/1 Sukhumvit soi 4. Then I did stay there 7-8 months ago, and it was open at that time. Perhaps not completed, but open and staffed.

The rates at that time was 300-500 baht.

Best regards,

Danish30

Q: "The 400B rate that 'Danish30' quoted was probably around Oct. last year, when the Woraburi was remodeling and was offering some great introductory rates. "

Yes, that seems to be what happened. I found the following photos on the web

Hotel was being renovated

www.kheow.de/de/html/woraburi01.html

Pictures of (old ?) rooms

www.kheow.de/de/html/woraburi02.html

April 2002 prices circa 750B

www.kheow.de/de/html/woraburi03.html

I was hoping for cheaper... I usually stay in the PB hotel and pay 700B. BTW they are just as difficult about payment there, NO CREDIT, but then it is a ST hotel...

As of yesterday, rates at desk ranged from 370 for basic to 990 for suite.

I looked at 720, 900, and 990 rooms. The 900 (Junior Suite) seemed like the way to go. Who needs the two beds extra 90 baht gets you?? crazy.gifcrazy.gif

All prices include breakfast.

Archived