woraburi inn

Big Kev

I have to disagree a little on this. I have stayed in Nana Tai Mansion (800baht) at the very end of this Soi and it takes 10 mins to walk from Nana Plaza. The Waraburi Inn is half this distance from NEP so a five min walk. If u plan to play in NEP it is not far but it is a hell of a long walk to SC........... I didn't mind the walk 'cos I had to walk past the girls outside the Nana Barber and there were some lookers there. Met my current girl there and we are still meeting when I can get to BKK............maybe I am a bit biased. The Warburi Inn always looks like they are still building it.

Uniformguy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This place really sucks, there is no problem with guests except for the cheapeast rooms when you are charged 200 or so baht and its still fairly clean. Its their payment policy, firstly you pay for the room up front ok no big deal but on the final day you start getting calls from about 0730hrs, " are you booking out today sir". Every time you enter the place its cry's of "Sir you used 15 baht for the mini bar could you please pay now". Even at 3 in the morning heading in with a little company you are likely to be asked for the odd 20 baht for your laundry that has not and will be returned until you pay.

The management are on the staffs back the whole time and it becomes truly wearing to be chased for a few baht every hour or two.

The rooms were ok but no more, the telephone is not direct dial and expensive with payment sort within minutes of your call even in the middle of the night.

They charge 500 baht deposit for your room key and seem to invent little charges to eat into this when it comes time to book out. The place is more hassle than its worth and there is much better at the price.

Ok we will just have to agree to disagree on the walking distance the place seems to be off my list now...........

I stayed in Nana Tai mansion and you had to pay cash for your room every day and couldn't use a credit card. I left and have not been back since. Is that still the policy and what were the renovations..........do the rooms still have that stupid kitchen instead of a window?? The rooms are huge for 800 baht but the other problems put me off.

Thanks, always interested in hotel info.

Uniformguy

Nana Tai only takes cash, but they're much more flexible than Woraburi. They don't force me to pay every day - they use some common sense. I.e. After a while they trust you, and then they may politely remind you about once a week (and then, only when you walk past reception). They don't wake you up with an early morning phone call like Woraburi!

The renovations were on the top floor and I haven't been back since, so I don't know what they were. The kitchens were still there in mine, but I guess they might have taken them out on the top. Rooms are huge. You miss that in Woraburi, where there's hardly enough space to put your things.

I have stayed there twice now, and will be staying there again a few weeks. You pay in full on checkin, no problem with guests in your room, and staff are friendly and helpful.

Some people might have a problem with paying for phones etc as you use them, but I prefer it that way - no unpleasant surprises on checkout that way. And if you decide you can get a better phone rate elsewhere, at least you know after only one call.

Walk to Sukhumvit (past Nana, a bit of a worry) or take a motor bike from the street in front of the hotel. only 15 mins and you're there if you walk.

Breakfast is not flash, only 3 choices when I last stayed, and no Thai dishes for any "friends" who decided to stay over.

All in all, worth a visit for several days of R n R.

• 2 years later...
uniformguy said:

Ok we will just have to agree to disagree on the walking distance the place seems to be off my list now...........

<br>I stayed in Nana Tai mansion and you had to pay cash for your room every day and couldn't use a credit card. I left and have not been back since. Is that still the policy and what were the renovations..........do the rooms still have that stupid kitchen instead of a window?? The rooms are huge for 800 baht but the other problems put me off.

<br>Thanks, always interested in hotel info.

<br>Uniformguy

I know this is an old thread, but update on Nanatai Mansion:

Stayed there October, 2004, 3 nights, prices ranged ~800-1000 B/night.

Large, quiet rooms, no bad smells, spacious, uncramped feel.

Telephones OK for dial-up 'net, using direct dial with a "0" prefix. To call a mobile number, their operator places the call for you and rings you back.

Inexpensive food from restaurant downstairs delivered to room, no service after midnight.

Staff asked for money up front, but I reminded them that I've been there before. They never again asked me to pay until the day I checked out, when I payed by Visa card, with a 3% surcharge.

No problem with any assortment/number of guests.

Loooong walk down Soi 4, closer to Woraburi than Woraburi is to NEP.

They have their own free tuk-tuk, runs until the very wee hours, maybe all night- definitely several hours after the bars close. You can call them to be picked up from NEP! Very convenient. You can also flag them down if they are passing you walking.

Last day, checked out about 1245 hrs. They kept 5 bags in storage for me, quite secure. Picked the bags up 2300 hrs. No problem.

BTW, Woraburi had 3-4 Segways out front. Don't know if they were for rent or maybe just there for a Segway convention. Pretty cool though!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived