BG multiple BF

I got ticked because all his comments and remarks always air on the side of arrogance and superiority. I have read enogh of his threads throughout many topics and they are always saying the same thing, "my way or it becomes a snide commentary.

[color:purple] Boasting about your financial exploits does not provide you with a cloak of profound wisdom and intelligence. I have encountered many a wealthy moron and met many a lucky fool in my line of work. Some would say bragging about finances shows a sense of low self esteem, in the same vein as measuring the length of one's penis against another man.

"Arrogance and superiority"? Why not confidence and rationality? Never liked a STRONG opinion that you couldn't agree with, eh?

Learn how to agree to disagree and you won't become so "ticked".

I would suggest that the next time I offend you in some manner save yourself the embarrassment of publicly airing your gripe and send me a PM. color=purple>

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is the case and what you are saying, then the prospects of converting a BG to a regular life and a healthy relationship is practically nil. Do you agree or disagree?

------------------------

I agree in the sense that there are a lot of smoking guns to help appreciate a BG's behaviour. In that case, 20 000 is enough for the family AND the girl. But she obviously is not deterred from "working" by the generosity of her next to be husband. The post indicates she is lying to him, if i remember. Mind you, she may not be feeling she is dishonest, and may not want to ask more of him, but it just don't smell too good to me for the future.

PS: as you may have come across many of my posts, you know i prefer to go case by case, but yes, it should not prevent to adopt a conventional and cautious wisdom about BG behaviour (ABCinBKK is going to be real proud of me...).

I just thought you sounded like Tim Roth in the Reservoir Dog's "tipping" conversation there!

I'll have another go... How about this analogy:

You're in Thermae, you get talking to some guy who seems like a good bloke, but you can tell he's fairly green to the scene. Suddenly, you dimly reconise the girl that has latched on to him for someone that an acquaintance has told you is someone that tends to take a little money out of a customer's wallet when they're in the shower or wherever. Or she slips him something in a drink to knock him out while she takes a bit of it. The girl goes off to the toilet, so you can speak freely. What would you do? Not tell him?

Pattaya127,

I think this whole honesty/dishonesty thing is a real value difference between westerners and BGs. I think the two groups don't define "lying" on the same scale or does it have to do with love, caring and respect. Do BGs lie to the people they care about (boyfriends, family, friends)? Is lying a given in their personaility or is it a function of the environment that they must survive and benefit from? Since they see customers as nothing more than a vehicle to make money, they have learn the more and better liars they are, the more money they can procure. Do they view lying as wrong in an absolute sense (as we do) or more dictated by the circumstances?

Talking with regular girls, they seem to view lying and dishonesty as we do. They see it a major character flaw especially when choosing a mate. Yet, they will lie in many situations in order to avoid confrontation or believing in protecting feelings. For example, there was an obese farang women walking down the street. My thai female turn to me and said she is a little fat. We westerners would define that woman as extremely fat and have no problem expressing our opinion. In my book, my thai friend is not telling me what she really believes or in the thai mind, by her saying she is a little fat, I need to culturally translate it into the thai way that she is very fat. We function in a direct way and thais seem to operate in an indirect/elusive way that can be very confusing to us.

Cardinalblue

Most people I have met in LOS seem reasonably switched on, and for them to be totally gullible they would to have little interest in any sort of information medium or travel alone all the time even then I find the expats in Thailand fall over themselves to tell you to watch out for all that sort of BG manipulation

I agree with you, certain type of labour MP seem to relish when whole swaythes of share holders lose big time. Its the same mind set that gets jealous of someone if they have a nice car, for all they know that person could have saved for 15 years to get that 2 yr old Porsche 911, it does happen and not to digress but people who vandilise other peoples cars are not much better than paedophiles.

I also cant see how I would get in to a situation where a knew that a genuinly decent but very gullible guy was being fleeced by a BG with a black heart, how would I know.

Just a glimpse at an monitor in an internet cafe wouldnt be enough.

If I did know it would probably then mean that I was good friends with the BG and i suppose my loyalties would be with her.

I also find it hard to comprehend why someone who didnt have much monsy would send a BG 10 000 a month .

STH

Pattaya 127 ?..I agree playing around in the murky waters of Bangkok?s red light district means we get a bad whiff now and then.

"bad" conduct of their GF? ??..bgs have lots of different bfs and keeping up with them by mail is a good way to do it. something wrong with that?... and maybe they?re not even lying as much as their bfs, who knows?

Multiple bfs in and out of Bangkok are necessary for her and her family to live in some almost dignified way. spent any time living in a Klong Tuey slum servicing a few visiting farangs and their email links who change their minds on a whim and flit about at will as your only present and future security in life? Farangs in LOS have skills, assets and a positive future in most cases. Hardly bares comparison and perhaps you don?t need to be so khee ngorn about what?s normal for them, this is their country and they have to make the best of a pretty sticky situation. No welfare and safety nets here?.just their poor families and an uncaring government.

?A Friendly and cautious mail first will put the ball in their court to make the decision to learn more.? ????troublemaking nannying.

Would you read my personal papers if you had the chance?

the thread question is about farangs copying names from girls? personal lists without their permission, intruding into their private lives,, risking the girls? legitimate income. it?s not computer theft so only your conscience will guide you given how she?s helping these guys making them feel wanted and missed by their Bangkok sweethearts. She?s his life-line till he gets back to LOS; he might love her so much he marries her.

gf loosely means partner or whatever you like and since many of us are not about to marry and assume financial responsibilities telling her to close her business down won?t work. If you lived in LOS and didn?t share your gf you?d have to support her to her satisfaction in your exclusive relationship with a lot less freedom than the freer spirits here.

the money she gets from her correspondents is for her use and it makes me happy to see her achieving rewards from her efforts and makes her happy too. Her other choice is more poverty. Most of these girls are going through that right now and we know it sucks. Sending money makes the customer happy, feeling he?s making a difference helping someone not so fortunate he cares for. Why punish a bg for doing her job?

If sanukers ignore working girls? backgrounds when they get more deeply involved they?re taking risks in areas about which they have little knowledge. not very clever. When punters are needier than their gfs they come unstuck mixing illusion and reality with his girl who he left behind far away in the scene. His failure to understand the real situation and accepting what he?s told carte blanche are his two problems. due diligence and further education are his responsibility.

Bibblies wrote???it's clear that he's a bit of an innocent who's getting himself into terrible financial and/or emotional trouble and that she's doing him some malicious harm, tell him. Wouldn't you want to know?

Bibblies you are confusing the issue. Yes I might want to know but I and many others here are dead set against the practice of obtaining information using underhand methods. Besides, you exaggerate.

there?s no siding with the underdog. it?s principles as they apply to the combatants and the situation. Bringing the labour government into it seems a bit of a stretch. The guy got himself into the ?mess?, only a mess if someone spills the beans. At up to twice or three times the girl?s age with greater financial resources, the ability to hop on a plane and sanuk anywhere in the world whenever he likes, with a superior education, good comprehension, writing abilities as we see often here, greater life experience, good job skills and good income I don?t see him getting badly hurt.

This is not about impressing. More putting things in perspective from this point of view as relates to reading other people?s personal documents about their private lives.

?a bit of an innocent? ????.you can hardly apply this to a man who flies several thousand miles to delve into Bangkok?s lurid nightlife and all that interests him in his search for a fantasy sex mate or two; it has little credibility. People become less innocent with more experience. ????.?terrible financial trouble? ???would amount usually to no more than the man could afford to indulge on his fantasy of snaring a cute young thing for him to enjoy at leisure at a bargain price and likely as not his total investment would be a month or two?s earnings. If it got anywhere near ?terrible? I?d say he was foolish, unstable or both.

?terrible emotional trouble?????what?s the matter with this man, needs professional help? Time he grew up. I?m inclined to think reading other people?s mail is an invasion of privacy and giving money to bargirls is a free choice. ?An innocent man in Bangkok??.um, say that again. More experience will cure his problem.

?malicious harm? ???.well, she?s doing her job making a living, this is what these girls do so if it?s a problem he really shouldn?t hang out with Bangkok hookers. I?d say he?s out-foxed and out of his depth. These girls are like little puppy dogs and nip only if you let them. If a pretty Bangkok bargirl fibs to a nice farang man and he buys her story who?s at fault? Her for making him believe it?s real? he can always complain to the police box on the corner of soi 4 and Suk about the young girl who forced him to send her money and told him this terrible lie.

Why would you be reading someone else?s mail anyway. The Thermae?.repeating hearsay/public knowledge is fair play unlike spying on people?s mail, imo.

shouldn?t people steer clear of dangerous situations if they?re too inexperienced to deal with them?

==

3d

In that instance I would be very very inclined to tell him. The reason why I wouldnt 100% is often it can fly back in your face, it has on a few occassions for myself.

If for example you or I told a guy, oh watch that girl she might Mickey Finn you, a significant proportion of people would say to the girl oh is it true, that guy Bibblies or SOTH says that you mickey finn people.

Whats she going to say, and what sort of shit could you get yourself in.

On one occassion in Pattaya a young English guy who was merely an acquitance of mine ie part of a loose circle that would meet up and go out, was warned that they girl he was with was bad news by a well meaning semi long term guy from Guernsey.

What did the young english guy do, well he put it to little nok, and named the informer.

Suffice to say I didnt really drink with him from then on.

But its a difficult moral question.

STH

All along, I said I probably wouldn't interfere in the usual run-of-the-mill case. But, if I had all the emails to hand and come across a nasty case, I'd be inclined to interfere.

Suffice it to say, I'm labouring this because I happen to have actually known such a case that provides a real counter-example to your doubts. I don't really want to tell it here - for among other reasons, it's a long story - but, trust me, it's worthy.

The trouble is, I think you're speaking solely from the viewpoint of an average older guy who comes to the scene and can't see the other possibilities. Start thinking of what can happen to younger guys, men close enough in age to form a different, more complicated sort of relationship with some of these girls. Feelings can get real and this can lead both the guy and the girl into a lot more trouble than you'll encounter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"At up to twice or three times the girl?s age ...I don?t see him getting badly hurt."

Not always the case. There are younger guys, who haven't got the wealth of experience that you have.

"?a bit of an innocent? ????.you can hardly apply this to a man who flies several thousand miles to delve into Bangkok?s lurid nightlife"

I think you can. Hands up those who haven't met a guy in the bar scene that they didn't think was a bit innocent in the ways of the bargirl. You're thinking of the average 50 year old again..

"shouldn?t people steer clear of dangerous situations if they?re too inexperienced to deal with them?"

But... if they're too inexperienced, they probably wouldn't know, would they?

Archived