BG multiple BF

"I found she still hadn't told him she wasn't pregnant anymore, he kept believing she was. I had to twist her arm to finally write to him, since I felt that here she crossed the line. He thought she was four or five months pregnant with his kid, and he was peparing to come back, willing to marry her some time later."

That's the kind of situation where I'd butt in, where you know she's causing that kind of hurt. These "suckers" are human beings. As someone else said, it can be all too easy to grow to love and develop genuine feelings of concern for the welfare of a particular girl. If, for example, you had all the email correspondence between them, and could see that these lies are having a horrible detrimental effect to his mental state and/or financial situation, then I'd say email the guy and end his suffering now.

In many cases, a guy might be quite happy and able to send a bit of money now and then. He may even be aware that she's probably doing the same thing with other punters. These cases I'd leave alone (or use troydeere's excellent suggestion).

But, if you know that she's spinning yarns involving babies, pregnancy, grave illness in order to finance her gambling and yaa baa lifestyle, I say fuck her. What if the guy were you?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I to am Swedish although I have never lived in Thailand. I tend to agree with Stickman (which rarely happens), but only on moral grounds. However I also agree with those who say stay out, this out of practical reasons. Two reasons, both significant.

Firstly it's none of your busines if the farang being scammed isn't your friend. In case of a friend I would not hesitate to rat on a bargirl.

The second reason that has already been mentioned concerns your personal security. I think most has been said here and it is all spot on.

There is one category that I would rat on even if Iknew that it would cause them serious trouble. I know for a fact that there are expats in Thailand that help bar girls with these scams and in most cases make money out of it. Some even live of the money sent by farangs. The Swedish word for this kind of lowlifes is "hallick", I believre the Thai equivalent is "maeng daa". I would be surprised if there aren't some of the posters on the various Thai boards that fall into this category. If I ever caught onto someone like this I wouldn'r hesitate to notify the victim and provide as much personal data as I could find.

MVH

ALHOLK

Dear champion of the BGs,

We seem to disagree all almost everything. I got out of the market in january 2000 and is living off my fixed investments now in LOS. Sounds like you are having a lot fun now in the good old USA. What is springsteen's song "it's going down, down, down,"

If we had a little bit solidarity, i would have warned you, but i figure it's a privacy issue and anyone naiive enough to keep investing in the market after the long bull run, well it's not a crime in my book in not warning them.

Let us know when you plan to get out because it will be a signal to me to buy back in. I kind of like this we vs they solidarity thing......

Cardinalblue

[color:red] CB

I can't wait for a response because I am bored at work right now. I am going to assume you are talking to me if you are not then I will gladly delete this post. color=red>

Dear champion of the BGs,

We seem to disagree all almost everything. I got out of the market in january 2000 and is living off my fixed investments now in LOS. Sounds like you are having a lot fun now in the good old USA. What is springsteen's song "it's going down, down, down,"

[color:purple] I am glad that you had the foresight to get out of the equity market early many people didn't. Your market wisdom probably rivals that of Bill Gross and Warren Buffet.

I wouldn't call the current market environment fun with accounting improprieties being abundant, corporate negligence at the mangement and BOD level, the destruction of wealth in people's 401k's and savings. I will say it is going through some very interesting dynamics that are severely testing the limits of investor confidence color=purple>

If we had a little bit solidarity, I would have warned you, but i figure it's a privacy issue and anyone naiive enough to keep investing in the market after the long bull run, well it's not a crime in my book in not warning them.

[color:purple] No, you couldn't have warned me because I avoided the equity bubble like the plague for long term investment purposes, instead I just traded the stocks for pure day to day profit motives. Any hits that I took recently were based off of speculation plays such as WCOM and ENEcolor=purple>

Let us know when you plan to get out because it will be a signal to me to buy back in. I kind of like this we vs they solidarity thing......

[color:purple] I was never invested in the market enough to get out. CB the problem with your post is that you make many assumptions about my investment style and knowledge.

I will clue you in on my profession. I deal with fixed income instruments as an occupation. I have had little faith in the equity market since 1996. I am trained to analyze, interpret and comprehend, finacial data, economic, social, political events and translate them into security prices. The bubble economy made no sense to me as a long term investor, only day to day trading.

You should have asked me some questions before you assumed. I would have told you even though I might have thought you a bit nosy and invasive.. color=purple>

this isn't directed to anyone in particular, more a general thought, but hello to all.

this is very simple. it?s likely the informer never met the targets so there?s hardly much obligation to let them know. What?s the point? Second I?m pretty careful what I do in the Orient and the repercussions of this sort of activity could be dire ? maybe fatal if the girls find out and pay a visit to the perpetrator with their brothers & friends? a surprise hello. After all we all know they?re in business, this is very much a standard practice, perfectly legit in their view and you?d be ruining their business. They don?t have salaries, pensions, safety nets, company cars, stock options etc.. they have short working lives and give us a lot of pleasure at fair price so give them a break. Lots of romantic relationships with bgs are pie in the sky anyway (viz multiple contributors) with some exceptions but isn?t the illusion wonderful? as working girls we can?t expect them to operate on the same set of rules as us. Anyway, isn?t this ?snitching?? in my book a lower activity than what they?re doing. If we insist on associating with them we?re going to come across some very different points of view we have to come to terms with because they are not going to change to suit us. Besides, as farangs, many bgs feel they have a license to do what they want. My gf has a few correspondees and I help her with her mail and they?re quite generous. Whole thing makes me laugh and she thinks it?s very funny. sometimes a plaintive 3 liner produces 10,000 baht within 15 minutes. Everybody?s happy. Bust ?em and nobody?s happy. this is the land of sanuk, yes?

Let?s stick to what we know. None of our business.

Welcome fripence,

I would say that the sanuker is happy only because he believes what he is being told. Your g/f is in fact, ripping him off. He is paying her money because he believes she is telling him the truth, when in fact, she is not. He is buying goods that are not what he believes them to be. And she is selling him something that does not exist. Might be funny to laugh at someone so stupid, but selling a product to someone under false pretense, is considered wrong in all cultures.

HT

just a thought..

If you say it's "none of our business" , Isn't helping her with the emails contradicting yourself?

troydeere

Archived